What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

‘Ask him to play for India’: Twitter reacts to AB de Villiers’ decision to remain out of international cricket

Brexiter

AB de Villiers
Celebrated South African batsman AB de Villiers remained in speculation of coming out of retirement to represent South Africa in the upcoming T20 World Cup later this year.

De Villiers has been an integral part of the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and was having a great run in this year’s edition before it was called off due to COVID-19 cases in the bio-bubble.

Earlier, the Proteas star revealed that he is in talks with Cricket South Africa (CSA) for his potential comeback to the national side.

“I haven’t had a discussion with Bouchy (Mark Boucher) yet. We are lined up to have a chat somewhere during the IPL, but yes, we have been talking about it. Last year, he asked me if I would be interested. And I said, ‘absolutely’. And come to the end of the IPL, we will have a look at where we are regarding my form and my fitness. Also, the situation with his team – he’s got to look at his guys who have been performing well over the last while,” De Villiers stated.

However, on Tuesday, the rumours were put to bed when CSA confirmed that the Pretoria born would not be making a comeback in international cricket.

“Discussions with AB de Villiers have concluded with the batsman deciding once and for all that, his retirement will remain final,” CSA said in their statement.

Known Mr.360, De Villiers has a massive fan following in India. Seeing the latest developments of him not coming back, the netizens took social media to share their feelings.

Play for India please#AbDeVilliers

— Meme Sense (@MemeSense1) May 18, 2021

Not only South African fans but all cricket fans wanted to see him in the #T20worldcup 2021 ? I hope he changes his decision before the T20 World Cup ? #AbDeVilliers #WTC21 pic.twitter.com/YMA4DNiiVv

— Purvin Suthar (@purvin01) May 18, 2021

The word "EVERYTHING COMES TO AN END" is surrounding in my head

Has been proud to be ur fan @ABdeVilliers17 ❤️we won't let u down in any situation take care of ur health ab ?❤️we love u ??❤️

I can't Even control my emotions ?? TQ for everything ab ??#AbDeVilliers pic.twitter.com/BK7MrCNCy2

— AB De Fans Trends™ (@AbdeFansTrends) May 18, 2021

ABD Fans ???#AbDeVilliers pic.twitter.com/yMyjeF6Kg0

— Shukraj Vine Store (@Shukraj9) May 18, 2021

#AbDeVilliers #CricketSouthAfrica
Cricket SA one month before:
AB de Villiers will make a comeback to the national team

Cricket SA now:
AB de Villiers will not be coming out of his retirement

Fans to cricket SA: pic.twitter.com/NDHijn1uht

— Shashank (@Shashankbasrur) May 18, 2021

#AbDeVilliers not going to South Africa

Other team members be like :- pic.twitter.com/4QIMhinODn

— gursukhandeep (@gursukhandeep) May 18, 2021

Loss of International cricket ??

— CricFire (@cricfire) May 18, 2021

The CSA announced the decision shortly after naming South Africa’s squad for the upcoming tour to the West Indies. Regarded as one of the finest batsmen across all formats, ABD had announced his retirement from international cricket in 2018.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back