What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

‘Mumbai Mafia at work’: Fans slam Ajit Agarkar-led selection committee for not picking Rinku Singh in India’s T20I squad

Brexiter

Ajit Agarkar and Rinku Singh
Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 sensation Rinku Singh’s non-selection in the Indian T20I team for the West Indies tour has sparked huge debate among fans and experts. The Board of Cricket Control in India’s (BCCI) decision not to pick Rinku despite his impressive performance in the IPL 2023 has left the fans fuming.

It is worth mentioning that Rinku performed exceptionally well in the recently concluded IPL and amassed 474 runs at an average of 59.25 and a strike rate of 149.52 in 14 matches of the 16th edition of the league. However, the Uttar Pradesh cricketer still couldn’t find a place in the Indian squad for the West Indies tour. On the contrary, young Mumbai Indians (MI) batter Tilak Varma and Rajasthan Royals (RR) destructive opener Yashasvi Jaiswal got their maiden call-up from the national side.

The inclusion of Tilak and Yashasvi with overlooking Rinku didn’t go down well with some of the cricket enthusiasts as they called out the Indian management for favouring Mumbai cricketers over players from other states. Many even went on to take a ‘Mumbai Mafia at work’ jibe at the Indian selection committee for their decision and alleged them of favouritism.

Indian selection committee’s new head Ajit Agarkar was the main person to come under the fire of fans as he headed the panel that picked India’s squad. Notably, Agarkar is Mumbaikar himself and has represented Mumbai at the domestic level as well.

Apart from slamming the Indian board and Agarkar, many even demanded ‘justice for Rinku’ on the internet.

Here’s how Twitter reacted:

Ajith Agarkar became Chief Selector and Mumbai Mafia at work immediately

How can you pick Tilak over Rinku Singh? Jaiswal over Ruturaj? Mukesh/Avesh over Mohsin Khan? This is ridiculous selection. Sanju Samson might feel extremely luck to survive pic.twitter.com/oL0vtyVnhy

— B R U T U, ആമി ❤️ (@KattaVillain) July 5, 2023

Rinku Singh is the only player in history to win TWO matches off the last ball in the same IPL season. He averages 58 in FC and 53 in List-A cricket, they ignored him.

Feeling for Rinku Singh. I just hope he isn't another Sarfaraz Khan in Indian circuit 🥺💔💔 #WIvIND pic.twitter.com/m5jipdYdF3

— Farid Khan (@_FaridKhan) July 5, 2023

Justice for Rinku Singh 💔😞#WIvIND #RinkuSingh pic.twitter.com/6GRHR62sGx

— Shreyas Aryan (@Ariyen34) July 5, 2023

If you can't seal the deal despite scoring 5 sixes in an over, then perhaps you never will.

Rinku Singh is the first casualty under a flawed system led by Ajit Agarkar.#INDvsWI pic.twitter.com/YddFQCd76m

— Saikat Ghosh (@Ghosh_Analysis) July 5, 2023

Justice for Rinku Singh 💔#WIvIND | #RinkuSingh | #WIvsIND pic.twitter.com/N43e0EDiys

— Swapnil Vats (@iamswapnilvats) July 5, 2023

justice for RINKU SINGH 💔#WIvIND #RinkuSingh pic.twitter.com/ZBNpp4WRYh

— J I T E N D R A (@JitendraMahor7) July 5, 2023

Fans to Ajit Agarkar after King Rinku Singh is not selected for the West Indies T20 series. #INDvsWI pic.twitter.com/eOql7bxeiu

— Anant Kashyap (@theanantkashyap) July 5, 2023

Tilak Varma before Rinku Singh
No disrespect to Tilak but Clown decision led by Ajit Agarkar

— Ayush Vashistha (@ayushtweets2) July 5, 2023

He is Rinku singh, KKR batsman

He hails from a poor background, marginalised society, became cricketer after lot of struggles, scored 470+ runs IPL 2023

He surpassed many greats this season.

But today he has not been selected for Ind vs WI T20 series.

Rinku have everything… pic.twitter.com/Bo2qqea60Z

— Dr Nimo Yadav (@niiravmodi) July 5, 2023

Ajit Agarkar has already started working? Damn, that was fast!😂
Rinku Singh was not included in the Indian t20 squad for the West Indies tour. And that's what I expected that Rinku is still not a player to play in Team India🫤#TeamIndia #t20squad #AjitAgarkar

— Alex Dipok (@dipok_alex) July 5, 2023

Ajit Agarkar has taken revenge from Rinku Singh for brutality against bowlers association.

— Sunil the Cricketer (@1sInto2s) July 5, 2023

Tilak varma is selected I'm happy for him but why not rinku singh just why not ?
He performs in IPL
He performs in domestic
What else he can do
It hurts 😔 pic.twitter.com/ftAq7pink5

— Ashish Shrivastava (@ashishayush1177) July 5, 2023

What is the point of an IPL when not a single player is selected in Indian T20 squad from the IPL winning team CSK? #RuturajGaikwad in 2021 and 2023.
Neither is the extraordinary individual heroics of #RinkuSingh is rewarded. https://t.co/srlJco5JFo

— Teja surya (@teja_surya_) July 6, 2023

@BCCI It is really heartbreaking that your selection panel is still incompetent at selecting player's who deserve a spot, It is ironic that for T20 squad against west Indies Rahul Tripathi was dropped and Rinku Singh was not selected if this continues i can foresee the next t20wc

— Imran Mahmood (@imransap10) July 6, 2023

Where is Rinku Singh in the squad? I'm shocked! See the activities of the BCCI 😡😡😡😡😡 https://t.co/WNy47Jz3At

— Suryasnata Gupta (@Suryasnata1977) July 6, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back