What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

‘She is an embarrassment to the state’: Georgia woman unloads on Marjorie Taylor Greene

Brexiter

It is tough being a progressive who reads the news and finds themselves frequently flabbergasted not only by the things right-wing officials say and do but the mind-numbing fact that these people have received lots of votes from American citizens. The caveat in many of these cases is that the districts many of these GOP shills represent have been tortured into existence by conservative think tanks and the practice of gerrymandering.

One such media personality and GOP luminary is Georgia’s Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene. Recently, the garbage fire musings of Greene were permanently banned from social media platform Twitter as the Peach State Republican could not stop posting COVID-19 misinformation and disinformation. Rep. Greene isn’t alone in endorsing the right-wing-o-sphere’s many conspiracy theories. The corrupt, worm-addled GOP brain trust continues to promote terrible public health takes on top of a never-ending attack on the legitimacy of the 2020 presidential elections.

Earlier this week, Greene sat in on a local Georgia cable news show called Night Talk. The show hosted a tele-town hall for local Georgians to speak to Rep. Greene. The results were glorious.

A woman caller began: “We accepted Trump for four years. You all refuse to accept Biden. You refuse to do it. And you know, maybe we didn’t like Trump, but he won, and so that was it. You will not accept the fact that Joe Biden won and that is the whole thing. You’re not going to accept it, and you’re just going to keep on and keep on, and peck peck peck. and you won’t get anything done if you’re not going to respect the man, and realize he is the president. You’re not ever gonna get anything done. You have got to work together, and you are not doing it. You’re not doing it. And neither are the other Republicans, they’re just going with Trump. Well, he didn’t win it. He didn’t win it. And wasted all that money in Georgia, had to count the votes three times because he said he won, and he didn’t.”

MTG gets dressed down by one of her constituents. Very cathartic. pic.twitter.com/EJozpGrrGy

— The Republican Accountability Project (@AccountableGOP) January 27, 2022

I would say that many Georgians share this sentiment about Rep. Greene and the big lie she and others continue to promote. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it is this kind of pushback that has led to Greene’s public statements arguing that Democratic voting Americans should be blocked from voting; I think that’s something fascists like Greene have always believed.

Another caller topped it, starting her call by saying, “I just want to say thank God for Joe Biden.” Greene, not wanting an even more vociferous attack on her fragile ego, looked to the hosts who didn’t have time to step in before the caller added, “she is an embarrassment to the state of Georgia.” At this point the hosts, very diplomatically, replied “Well, we all have our opinions.”

It was at this moment that this Peach State caller found a place in my heart, responding “Amen to that, and I’ve got mine.”

Have a good weekend!

Marjorie Taylor Greene was called an “embarrassment to the state of Georgia.” pic.twitter.com/wKdV3NLzsk

— Scott Dworkin (@funder) January 27, 2022

Back