What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Aldi Egg Chair 2021: How To Buy One And The Best Alternatives

Brexiter

HuffPost may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Prices and availability subject to change.

There was only one egg-based treat Aldi shoppers were after on Sunday morning – and it wasn’t breakfast in bed, but the hanging egg chair.

The much sought after £149 garden accessory was first released by the budget retailer a few years ago.

Now, every time it goes on sale as part of Aldi’s “Special Buys”, it sells out within seconds – and then gets put on eBay for way more.

608678fb2200008420f059c3.png

It was no different this Sunday, when a combination of rumours, promotion emails and word of mouth saw people get up at 4am, virtually queuing in their thousands to get their hands on the go-to garden accessory.

Most shoppers didn’t even get close.​

Just thought I’d have a nosy at the new Aldi clothing but there’s a queue of 31,102 people in front of me for that damn #aldieggchair#aldi

— Charlotte Stewart (@Charlott3Anne) April 25, 2021

Tried to add one to basket and it didn’t and then the add basket button never appeared! Been up since 4am :( #AldiEggChair

— Kajal (@kajiii88) April 25, 2021

What a joke #aldiuk. Been trying to get an #aldieggchair since 5:30. Skipped queue but didn’t even give me option to add to basket and now saying sold out. How????!!!!!

— Jon (@jgordon99) April 25, 2021

Beginning to think the aldi egg chair is a myth! Been on the site since 6am, kept refreshing the egg chair page, never gave me an option to add to basket and now it's sold out! #aldieggchair

— Paulo (@Boyzeee7) April 25, 2021

In fact, emotions were running high.​

gutted logged on to the Aldi website at 0400 this morning so I could buy an egg chair for the garden, eventually got on at 08.43 and they had all sold out #Aldi#aldieggchair#sad

— caroline james (@carolinejamescj) April 25, 2021

Thanks for that Aldi....
Why tell customers they’ll be released anytime after midnight and not release them till 8am?! #aldi#aldieggchair#aldiuk#aldispecialbuypic.twitter.com/TINSkL1068

— Louise_M (@louisemoloney) April 25, 2021

Been up since 4am to join @AldiUK Queue for the egg chair, they didn’t put me in one, 8am came and I still had access to the website but the ‘buy’ button disappeared. Now it’s sold out. I’m beyond fuming right now!!! #aldieggchair

— Zoe Fox? (@_zoefox) April 25, 2021

Some try countless times for the chair – with no luck.​

I was on at midnight, seen advert to say 8am....but it went live at 540am! Missed out last year and missed out again....heyho....bum on a bench this summer ??‍♀️?

— Lorr Aine (@Thelotusroom) February 28, 2021

Well no #aldieggchair for me. Again. Had one in my basket and then it disappeared. 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. At least I'll be able to get one on eBay soon for 3 times the price!!

— PhilaHilla (@PhilaHilla) April 4, 2021

It appears I’ve missed the #aldieggchair for the second year running.I’m doomed to fail

— Rᵘᗷⓑ?ⓈⒽώⓘℱ? (@RubbishWife) April 25, 2021

Others have given up completely.​

May buy a unicorn instead of the more elusive Aldi egg chair this Summer ....#aldieggchair@AldiUK

— Bill massey (@Billmassey19) April 25, 2021

Still, there were a few happy folk who managed to secure one.​

After waiting an hour and 36 minutes I finally got onto the @AldiUK website and managed to get an #eggchair. Finally after wanting one for years!! #aldi#eggchair#patience#queue

— Jade Liddiard (@JadeLiddiard18) May 31, 2020

Why does managing to get the Aldi egg chair feel like winning the lottery..... ? I GOT ONE!!! Wahhooooo

— Karen (@karenfrostxx) April 4, 2021

Guys!! Keep hitting refresh. #aldi egg chair dropping out of peoples baskets. Got one!! pic.twitter.com/1aKdiVNF3z

— Joe Walsh (@TheJoeWalsh) April 4, 2021

Got it!! ?? #AldiEggChair

— Sarah (@sarah_powellxx) April 25, 2021

When will the Aldi egg chair be back in stock?​

HuffPost UK contacted Aldi to ask when the egg chair will next be on sale and will update this piece with any response.

Most retailers price their hanging chairs from £300 upwards – like this £399 version from John Lewis – which is why the Aldi bargain is so sought-after.

B&Q have a hanging chair for £200 that also sells out in a flash, but if you can’t wait any longer, you can pick up a similar style from Argos for £250, or there’s one being sold by Honey Pot Furniture for £229.

You could also try eBay, where many Aldi chairs are listed for between £200-£300, but be warned, there’s likely to be a lot of bidders ahead of you.

Otherwise, it’s time to be patient and wait for the next batch to be released.

Related...​

Back