What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Anti-vaxx Chronicles: A terrifying blow-by-blow recap of a COVID illness

Brexiter

Facebook is a menace. COVID-19 is a menace. Conservatism is a cesspool. Together, those three ingredients have created a toxic stew of malevolent death and devastation. We can talk about all those things in the abstract, look at the numbers and statistics, and catch the occasional whiff of seditionist right-wing rhetoric. But I hadn’t really fully understood just how horrifying that combination of right-wing extremism, Facebook, and a killer virus was until I became a regular at the Herman Cain Awards subreddit. This series will document some of those stories, so we are aware of what the other side is doing to our country.

Today’s cautionary tale is “G.”

1.jpg

“Doctors don’t know everything.” But she and her friends think they do.

3.jpg

Somalia. Religious autocracy where everyone owns guns.

2.jpg

Sigh. You want to get angry and upset at these people, sharing their bullshit memes, getting occasionally slapped with “false” labels by Facebook, but in the end, it’s just sad. For all their talk about overcoming fear, here they are hysterical about what “woke” people are doing to our country. Like, you know, asking people to take a free jab to stop a mass-death pandemic from claiming more lives.

4.jpg

This is very “conservative” of her—doesn’t listen to anyone, arrogantly proclaims that she knows better than doctors. Yet when it affects her directly? “THIS IS NOT SOME FLU.” No shit. That’s what doctors were saying. And woke liberals, too.

I will give her credit—while she refused to vaccinate, at least she kept away from crowds. That’s far more than many of these people do. Less credit: she has lung issues and is self-admittedly high risk. That prophylactic protocol? Likely Vitamin D, Vitamin C, quercetin, and melatonin. None of that is bad for you, but no, it doesn’t prevent COVID. Maybe Ivermectin? But G doesn’t seem to mention it at all, so I’m guessing she wasn’t that far gone into la-la land to take horse paste.

I picked this story out of so many options because it gives us a direct view of what it’s like for an individual to get hit hard by the disease. G is cogent, writes well, and decided to bare it all on Facebook. What follows isn’t pretty, but it’s important to understand how this impacts people. Otherwise, it’s too easy to look at abstract numbers on a chart or news story and forget the direct human toll of this disease.

5.jpg

Not just lung issues, but Type-1 diabetes, too!

6.jpg

She sees the damage not vaccinating does, and still cannot say, “Holy shit everyone, don’t be like me! Get vaccinated to avoid this hell!”

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Western meds. Chinese meds. Holistic meds. Unconventional meds. Mexican meds.

But the vaccine is too “experimental.”

10-2.jpg

Why do they think “freedom” means “refusing a life-saving jab”? Why, why, why??????

11-2.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Finally, she went to the hospital:

16.jpg

17.jpg

Brutal, isn’t it? What a freakin’ nightmare. She’s surprised that she’s critical; I was surprised she got this far at home.

This story isn’t over yet. But this was the last update.

Here’s the link to the original story again. This one, more than any other, might convince holdouts to vaccinate. Because no one wants to live through that horror, even if she manages to pull through and survive.

Back