What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Anti-vaxx Chronicles: He mocks GoFundMe campaigns. Guess what happens next

Brexiter

Facebook is a menace. COVID-19 is a menace. Conservatism is a cesspool. Together, those three ingredients have created a toxic stew of malevolent death and devastation. We can talk about all those things in the abstract, look at the numbers and statistics, and catch the occasional whiff of seditionist right-wing rhetoric. But I hadn’t really fully understood just how horrifying that combination of right-wing extremism, Facebook, and a killer virus was until I became a regular at the Herman Cain Awards subreddit. This series will document some of those stories, so we are aware of what the other side is doing to our country.

Today’s cautionary tale is from Ohio, and his story spans two Herman Cain Awards posts, here and here.

This guy loved his memes, and I’m skipping a bunch of them because they’re repetitive or boring. Let’s pick up here:

1.jpg

Sign: Here, let me be helpful and keep you safe.

Ohio guy: NO YOU DON’T YOU SATAN SPAWN.

2.jpg

Nothing says “we’ve lost our freedoms” more than a line outside a tanning salon.

3.jpg

Remember this one, because we all know what’s coming.

4.jpg

5.jpg

If you want to vote, you have to register and have your signature on file, which is then confirmed by election authorities after the vote is cast.

If you want to take part in society during a deadly global pandemic, then you should have to vaccinate.

Both require you to follow the rules. Not hard.

6.jpg

His friend is hilarious!

Pink is his wife. Green are various friends.

7.jpg

8.jpg

We’ve seen this time and time again: the COVID dead-cat bounce. So many patients seem to do better, then regress rapidly. It’s a cruel bit of false hope. COVID is the worst.

9.jpg

That’s his best friend, since childhood.

10.png

Dead cat bounce is over.

11.jpg

#CovidSucks, yeah. That’s why we’re asking everyone to vaccinate. Let’s say Ohio guy survives this—was the month he’s already spent in the hospital worth his obstinance? What about the medical bills his family is racking up from loss of work and medical bills? What about financial ruin from the inevitable medical bankruptcy? Was it all worth it?

12.jpg

Mow some lawns.

Yeah, it’s heartless. But it’s frustrating seeing these assholes only begin to care about things when it directly affects them.

13.jpg

Ohio guy has been in the hospital six weeks, suffering from painful, torturous COVID, and his best friend is still shitposting about COVID and vaccines. He writes above about the “war” his pal is fighting against COVID, yet he can’t acknowledge that one simple hack that would win this war.

14.jpg

Two weeks after his last post, two days after his friend’s COVID shit-post, Ohio guy died.

15.jpg

It’s weird he assumes that the guy who “raised hell” doing “hoodrat shit” with him would be going to heaven, and he himself would someday get to follow. Or is paying religious lip service enough to overcome one’s actual actions in life, like ignoring a lifesaving jab that would’ve avoided this entire nightmare?

Look people, as much as I hate the Green Bay Packers as a suffering Chicago Bears fan, I really, really hope that whoever writes my obituary doesn’t sign off with a “FUCK PACKERS.” I’d prefer to go out on a classier note.

Back