What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Anti-vaxx Chronicles: This one wishes vaccinated people would stop shedding

Brexiter

Facebook is a menace. COVID-19 is a menace. Conservatism is a cesspool. Together, those three ingredients have created a toxic stew of malevolent death and devastation. We can talk about all those things in the abstract, look at the numbers and statistics, and catch the occasional whiff of seditionist right-wing rhetoric. But I hadn’t really fully understood just how horrifying that combination of right-wing extremism, Facebook, and a killer virus was until I became a regular at the Herman Cain Awards subreddit. This series will document some of those stories, so we are aware of what the other side is doing to our country.

Today’s cautionary tale is Dwana.

1.jpg

Imagine watching the events of January 6 unfold, and claiming your side remained peaceful, while it was Democrats who “started the drama”?

But sure, “think about it folks.” That’ll make this alternate reality more real, I bet.

2.jpg

Literally none of that is true. Literally none of that is even close to being true. It’s not even “misleading” false. It’s false-false.

But please, be afraid of whatever new fictional horrors emerge from their parallel universe. It still won’t bear any resemblance to the real one.

4.jpg

“A doctor said.”

“They have come out.”

“I know someone.”

So I realized this while spending a few days in the Redneck Riviera this summer, in the Florida Panhandle, right before it became one of the nation’s hottest COVID hotspots. While my family and I kept our distance from everyone around us (imagine zero precautions, zero masks, and a giant 3-story “Trump won” banner on a condo building), we did overhear many discussions. There is a fascinating phenomenon when discussing politics. Smart people will say “I read that...” Conservatives will say “I heard...” or “someone said...” For a crowd that loves to claim they “do my own research,” they actually don’t. Their worldview is shaped by what they hear from people they trust.

So here you have an entire wall of text full of misinformation, but none of it comes from credible sources. It’s all hearsay. All of it. She saw some meme or viral video of a “doctor” claiming the virus sheds. Is there any evidence of that in the scientific literature? Who cares! The one person who validated her worldview was all it took. Has any credible source said that vaccinated people are “super breeders” for the Delta variant? Of course not. But “they said.” Is her local hospital’s ER full of vaccinated people? Of course not. But she knows someone who said something.

That’s why it’s impossible to get through to these people? You can point to all the facts and credible sources and rank reality, and they won’t accept it because someone they know said something, or posted a meme, the end. And that bubble is buttoned up so tight against any intrusion of reality, that they even booed Donald Trump when he asked his supporters to vaccinate.

As an aside, am I the only one creeped out by “child bearing age girl”?

5.jpg

“I don’t trust the science.”

“I’d rather die tomorrow happily than vaccinate.”

“I’m not taking anything with those ingredients in it.”

I mean, this is all so ridiculously stupid, it’s almost impossible to comprehend. Does she know what ingredients are in Tylenol? Or the hotdog she had for lunch?

We’ve been reading these accounts. Is anyone dying of COVID dying “happily”? It’s horrifically painful and terrifying, with patients having to be sedated to prevent them from tearing out all the tubes in their bodies.

Yet all these people who don’t trust science, sure are happy to run to the hospital when they get sick, not to mention walk around with smartphones with 5G chips and tracking software.

6.jpg

The things they think are funny are not funny at all.

7.jpg

This nurse is actually real. She’s “pro-choice” on the vaccine and says no vaccine. Dwana, too, and also her husband. So the very next day...

8.jpg

“Don’t make me tell you he’s in the hospital because of COVID.”

It’s really amazing how they’re posting shit about COVID and then BAM, suddenly they’re in the middle of COVID hell.

9.jpg

Blood O2 levels in the 80s mean he’s already suffering brain damage, and she says that the numbers “came up” to that dangerously low number. They were even lower. Tyler wasn’t giving the doctors any defiant looks or saying anything at all. Might even be intubated, given the doctor’s prognosis of imminent death.

10.jpg

11.jpg

So there’s the inevitable fundraising link. These people are so fixated on death rates that they never even consider the lasting health effects of surviving COVID, or the crushing medical debt, or the crushing loss of earnings, or the effect that a serious illness has on their loved ones.

All of this would've likely been avoided with a simple, free, life-saving jab.

“Getting some much needed rest” is … curious, given that at this point he’s been lying in a hospital bed for three weeks. A week later, the hospital has given up and is suggesting hospice care:

12.jpg

Wait what, he's in the hospital because of the shot? As in, because he didn’t take it? Nope. No redemption arc here. I really do wish she’d accept hospice care. Tyler has been tortured enough with life support. No one should have to have that kind of suffering needlessly extended, on the hope that Jesus will take over from medical science.

13.jpg

Shedding. Tyler is dying because someone shed vaccine on him. These stories start getting repetitive, and then you get a surprise plot twist.

So sure. He’s dying of … vaccine shedding. Because she sure as heck never says the word “COVID.” Sure as hell beats admitting that your choices in life—from the sources you trusted to the actions you took—essentially killed your loved one.

Imagine having to admit the vaccine works?

Then having to admit that the people who claimed otherwise are all full of shit.

Including Donald Trump.

Which means everything they’ve said is now suspect.

Which means their entire worldview could come crumbling down.

And perhaps even worse, it would mean that liberals might’ve been right all along?

For them, it’s easier to just die.

Back