What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Anti-vaxxer RFK Jr. blames wife for holiday party invites with vaccine mandates and testing

Brexiter

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is frivolously suing Daily Kos in order to stifle free speech and try and bully people with a lot less resources than RFK Jr. and his anti-vaxx squad into not talking about how anti-vaxxers and neo-Nazis and white supremacist are all on the same page when it comes to bad public health policy. You can read about all of that here. It’s not good for RFK Jr.’s branding as a crusader for children against pretend cases of vaccine-induced autism.

Kennedy’s brand is anti-vaccine. He is championed by folks that protest COVID-19 vaccines by literally coughing on people. His Children’s Defense Fund promotes a slew of anti-vaccine propaganda, virtually all of it debunked by science. That being said, the Children’s Defense Fund has been able to more than double its fundraising during the pandemic; fear breeds profit, and all that. Of course, what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander.

On Friday, Politico reported that “an invitation to a holiday party at his home in California last week urged attendees to be tested or vaccinated beforehand, two people familiar with the matter told Daniel Lippman.” Wait a minute. Excusez-moi? Don’t worry—Kennedy Jr. says there’s a good explanation: RFK Jr. is sort of a coward.

Kennedy Jr. responded to this story by throwing his wife, Cheryl Hines (known for her role as Larry David’s wife on the series Curb Your Enthusiasm)* under the bus. You see, the party was for Hines’ entertainment industry friends and he did not know anything about the invite that was sent out or the stipulation concerning testing or vaccinations.

He reportedly told Politico’s Lippman, “I guess I’m not always the boss at my own house.” Hilarious! And I mean hilarious in that fighting against protecting kids from childhood illnesses and trying to stop the death of 800,000 plus Americans can be hilarious when looked at through a born-rich person’s eyes is hilarious. It’s the kind of humor only a small audience understands.

But remember. This is Cheryl Hines’ fault, not Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s. In fact, he told Politico that “no effort” was made to verify the vaccination status or testing results of anyone who came to the party. Whew. For a second I thought RFK Jr.’s home was the kind of place where responsible adults act responsibly toward one another and care for one another’s well-being!

So to recap: John F. Kennedy Jr.’s wife Cheryl Hines is a) to blame for the stipulations of people being tested for COVID-19 or vaccinated against the virus; and b) something of a liar as nobody really cared if you got that Fauci-jab anyway! At least, that’s what it sounds like RFK Jr. is saying.

*While I only discovered the news that Hines and Kennedy Jr. were married a couple of years ago, it turns out that they have been a couple since 2011. Yes. it’s a strange bummer as she was so much fun on Curb.

Back