What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan return as Pakistan announces T20I and ODI squads for New Zealand series

Brexiter

Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced the T20I and ODI squads for the upcoming home series against New Zealand. The regular captain of the national team, Babar Azam, returns to the side along with his T20I opening partner, Mohammad Rizwan, who had been given rest during the Afghanistan T20I series.

In addition, left-arm pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi is making a comeback to international cricket after a gap of four months. He missed five Tests and three ODIs against England and New Zealand following the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 due to knee rehabilitation.

Fakhar Zaman, the left-handed opener, and fast bowler Haris Rauf have also made a return to the national side.

Youngsters Saim Ayub and Zaman Khan have retained their spots in the T20I squad, while Ihsanullah has received his maiden ODI team call-up, along with his retention in the T20I squad.

The PCB’s selection committee hopes that the newly announced squads will put up a strong performance against New Zealand in the upcoming home series.

Pakistan’s squads for New Zealand series:​

T20I: Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan (vc), Faheem Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Ihsanullah, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Zaman Khan

ODI: Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan (vc), Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Haris Sohail, Ihsanullah, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Naseem Shah, Salman Ali Agha, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Usama Mir

Reserves: Abbas Afridi, Abrar Ahmed, Tayyab Tahir.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back