What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Babar Azam names three potential superstars for Pakistan ahead of the 2023 ODI World Cup

Brexiter

Babar Azam
Pakistan skipper Babar Azam named three players from the country who he thinks can make it big for the nation in the coming times. The revelation from Babar came ahead of the ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023, which is scheduled in India later this year. Notably, Pakistan have been in sensational form in the 50-over format as they recently defeated New Zealand (4-0) in the five-match ODI series.

Speaking to Cricwick, Babar chose Saim Ayub, Mohammad Haris, and Omair Bin Yousaf as the potential superstars for Pakistan. The world no. 1 ODI batter hailed the three compatriots as promising youngsters.

“As far as promising youngsters are concerned, Saim Ayub, Omair Bin Yousaf, and Mohammad Haris are potential superstars in my opinion. They just to focus hard and do simple things properly without burdening themselves with the pressure of international cricket,” said Babar.

As far as the performance of the trio picked by Babar is concerned, Haris hammered 350 runs in 12 games at a strike rate of 186.17 in the recently concluded Pakistan Super League (PSL), whereas Ayub scored 341 runs in the same number of matches, with a strike rate of 165.53. Ayub also represented Pakistan in the T20I series against New Zealand and Afghanistan, which took place recently.

On the other hand, Yousaf displayed his remarkable batting skills by smashing an unbeaten 250 runs against Zimbabwe A in a domestic cricket match. The talented 24-year-old has showcased his prowess in 40 first-class matches he played so far, accumulating a total of 2687 runs, which includes seven fifties and nine centuries. While Haris and Ayub have already made their debut for the Pakistan team, Yousaf is yet to get a call for the national side.

Apart from Babar, Ayub is someone who was also praised by ace Pakistan opener Fakhar Zaman during the 2023 T20I series against the Blackcaps.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back