What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Cazaux, A Big Stephen Curry Fan, Lands Jaw-Dropping Tweener In First ATP Win

Brexiter

Arthur Cazaux made his ATP Tour debut in style in more ways than one on Monday at the Gonet Geneva Open.

The 18-year-old Frenchman not only defeated Adrian Mannarino 6-3, 6-7(5), 6-3 for his first tour-level, but he also hit a jaw-dropping tweener for a winner that might stand up as shot of the month at 5-6 in the second set.

“When I hit the shot, I didn’t think about nothing. I had my back to the net and I just hit the shot. I didn’t ask any questions in my head,” Cazaux told ATPTour.com. “It was a big shot. I’m so happy I hit this shot.”

This was the teen’s first tour-level match, but he also made a splash earlier this month by upsetting #NextGenATP star Sebastian Korda in the first round of Mutua Madrid Open qualifying. The Frenchman will next play Rome semi-finalist Reilly Opelka or Uruguayan Pablo Cuevas.

“It’s something very great. It’s a big win for me today. It’s the biggest win of my life,” Cazaux said. “I’m so grateful and I hope to continue in this tournament.”

[WATCH LIVE 4]

Watch Monday Lyon Highlights:

Off the court, Cazaux said he is a fan of nature and sports, specifically basketball. That was apparent after he hit his magnificent tweener, quickly putting three fingers to his head, which is a celebration NBA stars use after making a three-point shot.

The World No. 517 has his eyes on his favourite team, the Golden State Warriors, who are seeded eighth in the NBA’s Western Conference.

“I’m a big fan of basketball, the NBA. I’m a big fan of Stephen Curry,” Cazaux said. “It’s an important moment now because the Warriors are playing the play-in tournament against the Lakers. It’s going to be tough, but I hope the Warriors are going to win.”

Back