What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Christian Bale Reveals Why He Shunned Chris Rock On Set: 'I Can't Do It Anymore'

Brexiter

Christian Bale said he had a hard time on the set of Amsterdam with co-star Chris Rock, but it wasn’t because they didn’t get along.

Just the opposite: Chris made Christian laugh so much he couldn’t stay in character while working on the David O. Russell film.

“Chris is so bloody funny and I found that I couldn’t act, because I was just becoming Christian laughing at Chris Rock,” he told IndieWire, adding:

“So I had to go to him, I went ‘mate, I love talking to you, and we have mutual friends, but I can’t do it anymore. Because David didn’t ask me to make this film so he could just watch me giggle. He wants me to be Burt, and I’m forgetting how to be Burt.’”

Christian ― famous for taking the “method” approach to his craft ― told IndieWire he’s had to take that step during other films as well.

“I often meet these incredible people, but I isolate myself,” he told the website. “Because if I get to know people too much, I find I just don’t believe what I’m doing in the scene.”

Amsterdam, a murder mystery featuring an ensemble cast that also includes Margot Robbie, John David Washington, Anya Taylor-Joy and Zoe Saldana, hits cinemas on 7 October.

READ MORE:​

Back