What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Cop who escalated racial profiling incident caught on camera using N-word at Cincinnati school

Brexiter

A 14-year veteran of the Cincinnati police officer caught on her body camera footage using a racial slur is the same officer who reportedly escalated an alleged incident of racial profiling four years ago, ABC-affiliated WCPO reported. Officer Rose Valentino, who was featured in the 2011 TLC series Police Women of Cincinnati, was caught mumbling "f---ing (n-word), I f---ing hate them” in her squad car on April 5, according to an internal affairs report NBC News obtained.

Valentino said in the report that she was already irritated by traffic outside of Western Hills University High School and had activated her lights and sirens when a Black student walking by flipped her his middle finger. "This is a hard job, and I was getting to a point where I was really being affected by it," she said in the report. "I have been on for fourteen years."

14-yr Cincinnati (OH) police veteran Rose Valentino was caught on bodycam using slurs during an outburst! Her behavior is disgusting & highly worrisome, considering this isn't the 1st time her aggression has escalated an incident. She shouldn't be patrolling our communities! pic.twitter.com/AV9mBXYxWk

— Ben Crump (@AttorneyCrump) July 28, 2022

In those 14 years, she's been reprimanded repeatedly for failing to turn on her body-camera, and she was involved in a lawsuit stemming from an allegation of racial profiling on Nov. 17, 2018, WCPO reported. In the suit, Jerry Isham, a Black real estate agent, and his client, Anthony Edwards, claimed that white Cincinnati officers illegally detained them after a retired officer accused them of breaking into a home in a majority white neighborhood. Isham's 9-year-old son was in the car waiting while six police officers aimed guns at Edwards and Isham, who used a lock box to enter the home, according to the 16-page suit Fox 19 obtained and Atlanta Black Star reported on.

YouTube Video

Valentino was accused in court documents of escalating the situation by pointing her gun at the men and handcuffing them, WCPO reported. The city ended up settling the lawsuit for $151,000.

The Cincinnati NAACP denounced Valentino in a statement responding to the recent incident on Tuesday. "This officer does not deserve the privilege of serving the citizens of Cincinnati," the organization said. "Her true bias was exposed, and she should not be a police officer."

Facebook Content

Sign the petition to all U.S. mayors: Defund the police, invest in our communities

Back