What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Cricket fraternity in awe of Harmanpreet Kaur’s batting heroics in the 2nd ODI against England

Brexiter

Harmanpreet Kaur
The cricket fraternity was also in complete awe of Harmanpreet Kaur‘s batting heroics in the recently-concluded second T20I against England Women at St Lawrence Ground in Canterbury.

The Indian skipper recorded her second-highest ODI score – an unbeaten 143 from just 111 deliveries, with the help of 22 boundaries, including four sixes. The progression of Harmanpreet’s innings was quite stunning as she shifted gears quite amazingly.

After bringing up her half-century from 67 balls and the triple-figure score off 100 deliveries, the explosive batter clubbed six fours and three maximums in the last 11 balls of her innings to power India to 333/5 – their highest ODI score against England.

Eventually, the Women in Blue hammered the English side by 88 runs in the match to clinch a historic series, with the third and final ODI set to be played on September 24. Notably, India had already won the three-match series opener by seven wickets.

After the memorable victory, Harman said she was happy to win the series in England and mentioned she enjoyed the unbeaten knock that helped her side to take a 2-0 lead.

“When we came here, that was the goal (to win the series). Was a crucial win today as everybody stepped up. I always enjoy leadership as I’m always in the game, and it feels good. When I was batting during the first 50 runs, it wasn’t all that easy. I just took my time, and the partnership with Harleen was important. Just gave freedom to myself later as I was well set,” said Harmanpreet in the post-match presentation.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

Was an absolute pleasure to have witnessed a Masterclass from @imharmanpreet_kaur ! #INDWvENGW #commentatorslife #century pic.twitter.com/7rVo6X5Zh4

— Deep Dasgupta (@DeepDasgupta7) September 21, 2022

Well played @ImHarmanpreet.. Carry on Kaur, delighted to see you regain all the gears in your batting.#indwvsengw#CricketTwitter

— W V Raman (@wvraman) September 21, 2022

Harmanpreet and India were just magnificent!
A record 333 and an emphatic ODI series away win vs England. Very proud! @ImHarmanpreet @BCCIWomen @ECB_cricket #CricketTwitter

— Charu Sharma (@Charuonsports) September 21, 2022

Well played Harman ?#ENGvIND @ImHarmanpreet ???? @BCCIWomen

— Anjum Chopra (@chopraanjum) September 21, 2022

When you're in form make it count, and that's what Harmanpreet is doing this year. Once again stands up in an important game. Congratulations on a special hundred @ImHarmanpreet ?? #ENGvIND pic.twitter.com/0hZBoNXBSI

— Wasim Jaffer (@WasimJaffer14) September 21, 2022

Well played skipper @ImHarmanpreet ! Top knock ? !! Her form for india is so so imp can easily make out the difference when she scores ! Loved her attitude towards the game ! #ENGVIND @BCCIWomen

— Reema Malhotra (@ReemaMalhotra8) September 21, 2022

Some innings that from Harmanpreet Kaur – 143(111)

— Ian Raphael Bishop (@irbishi) September 21, 2022

Harmanpreet Kaur! ?? that was sensational. #ENGvIND

— Abhinav Mukund (@mukundabhinav) September 21, 2022

Witnessed some pretty special 100’s in womens ODIs this year. Healy & Sciver in the WC final. Now this from Harmanpreet. Both Healy & Kaur when in full flight is a sight to behold. Crazy striking ability ???#ENGvsIND

— Lisa Sthalekar (@sthalekar93) September 21, 2022

What a knock by Harmanpreet Kaur ? #DoddaMathu #CricketTwitter #ENGWvINDW

— ದೊಡ್ಡ ಗಣೇಶ್ | Dodda Ganesh (@doddaganesha) September 21, 2022

Get it on your highlights – that was pretty special ⭐⭐#HarmanpreetKaur

— Isa Guha (@isaguha) September 21, 2022

What a magnificent innings by @ImHarmanpreet! An unbeaten and entertaining knock of 143 with 18 fours and 4 sixes. Keep shining. ? pic.twitter.com/l3axiANS8E

— Amit Mishra (@MishiAmit) September 21, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back