What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Families of Jan. 6 heroes ignore McConnell at gold medal ceremony, aren't shy about explaining why

Brexiter

On Tuesday, the Washington, D.C., police and other law enforcement connected to defending the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, received Congressional gold medals in a ceremony. This included the family of officer Brian Sicknick, who died as a result of the events of Jan. 6. At the ceremony were the top leaders of both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party: Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

One of the traditions in the ceremony is for the leadership to stand with the gold medals (framed) and give them to the representatives of those receiving said medals. When this moment happened, the recipients graciously took that medal from Sen. Chuck Schumer’s hands, shook his hand, exchanged pleasantries, and then every single one of them walked past Sen. McConnell and Rep. McCarthy.

They didn’t take the medals they were holding. They didn’t shake their hands. They didn’t speak to them. They walked. Right. Past.

Am I smiling? Hard to tell. My cheeks hurt. I might be crying. The amount of deserving going on in this clip is amazing.

YouTube Video

Here are some responses.

Gladys Sicknick tells me why she didn’t shake McCarthy/McConnell hands: “They’re just two-faced. I'm just tired of them standing there &saying how wonderful the Capitol police is &then they turn around &..go down to Mar-A-Lago &kiss his ring &come back.. It just, it just hurts.”

— Daniella Diaz (@DaniellaMicaela) December 6, 2022

Family of officer Brian Sicknick refuses to shake hands with Sen McConnell and Rep McCarthy at Congressional gold medal ceremony. Brian’s brother Ken Sicknick explains why:pic.twitter.com/jhl6MLYYiy

— The Intellectualist (@highbrow_nobrow) December 6, 2022

Wow!!! Good for them.

— Fred Guttenberg (@fred_guttenberg) December 6, 2022

Painfully hilarious

— Lalo Alcaraz (@laloalcaraz) December 6, 2022

Back