What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Former Trump press secretary who 'knows where the bodies are buried' is working on a tell-all book

Brexiter

The latest tell-all from a former Trump associate promises to be a real barnburner and/or barf-bagger, depending on your current tolerance for the perpetually eye-popping evidence of Donald Trump’s treachery and bottomless bad taste.

At this point in the game, it’s difficult to envision what sort of scandal, if any, could possibly change anyone’s mind about Trump. If openly attempting to shiv American democracy didn’t permanently pummel his approval numbers into thin gruel, it’s hard to see what would. If Trump removed his factory-seconds, discount-bin Mrs. Doubtfire Halloween mask to reveal his true galactic reptilian overlord face, I’m thinking he’d lose about three voters. Maybe. And “Don’t Blame Me, I Voted for the Flesh-Eating Nonterrestrial Underground Human-Embryo Farmer” swag would proliferate in right-wing redoubts such as Frankspeech.com and Steve Bannon’s War Room.

So, admittedly, books like this may just be catnip for those of us on the left—and some of us may be overstimulated already.

CNN:

Stephanie Grisham, whose career with the Trump administration included stints as East Wing communications director, White House press secretary and chief of staff to Melania Trump, has written a book that will be released next month, two people familiar with the project tell CNN.

Grisham began working on Donald Trump's presidential campaign in 2015, first as a press wrangler and later followed the Trumps to the White House, where she was hired by Melania Trump to oversee messaging, media and, ultimately, all of the former first lady's East Wing operations. From June 2019 through April 2020, Grisham served as White House press secretary, where she was roundly criticized for never having held a public press briefing.
[...]
Grisham's book, according to both sources, will likely include her insight on several of the more notorious headlines from the Trump White House years, including the behind-closed-doors effects of the Stormy Daniels scandal and other allegations of sexual misconduct against the former President.

Grisham, who somehow conducted zero regular White House press briefings during her eight-month tenure as the White House press secretary, was nevertheless taking mental notes of her own, and people close to Grisham are expecting fireworks.

Axios:

• A former West Wing colleague of Grisham's tells Axios: "When I heard this, all I could think about was Stephanie surrounded by a lake of gasoline, striking a match with a grin on her face."

A source close to the publication told Axios: "Grisham knows where all the bodies are buried because she buried a lot of them herself."

• The source says Grisham "has receipts ... she was a press person and it was her job to make sure she knew what was happening."

Will those receipts put Trump’s ocher arse in stir? Because that’s what we really want to see.

Likely not, but it’s hard to get much more tantalizing than this: “There isn’t enough water on earth to contain the fire she could set to all of Trump world, including parts like the first lady’s orbit, which not many people are in a position to illuminate,” the West Wing insider told Axios’ Jonathan Swan. “It’s hard to articulate how much anxiety this is going to cause.”

According to Axios, Grisham told only a handful of people about the book while she was working on it, and “has deliberately kept a low profile since she resigned on Jan. 6.”

Will she give further insight into why she resigned? Did she have a window into Trump’s mood and behavior on that fateful day?

I could see the answer to that question not only moving the needle of public perception, but also being of keen interest to the House select committee currently looking into Trump’s infamous bumblefuck putsch.

It made comedian Sarah Silverman say, “THIS IS FUCKING BRILLIANT,” and prompted author Stephen King to shout “Pulitzer Prize!!!” (on Twitter, that is). What is it? The viral letter that launched four hilarious Trump-trolling books. Get them all, including the finale, Goodbye, Asshat: 101 Farewell Letters to Donald Trump, at this link. Or, if you prefer a test drive, you can download the epilogue to Goodbye, Asshat for the low, low price of FREE.

Back