What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Here is why Rinku Singh’s last-ball six in IND vs AUS T20I thriller was not counted

Brexiter

Reason why Rinku Singh's last-ball six wasn't counted
Team India emerged victorious in a thrilling T20I encounter against Australia, securing a two-wicket win in a high-scoring match on Thursday. The game was marked by exceptional performances, with Josh Inglis scoring a remarkable 110, propelling Australia to a formidable total of 208/3 in 20 overs.

Rinku Singh’s heroics in the final over​

As India chased the imposing target, Suryakumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan‘s half-centuries set the stage for a dramatic finish. With both batters dismissed, the responsibility fell on Rinku Singh to guide India to victory. Requiring seven runs off six balls, Rinku played a crucial role in narrowing the gap.

Drama unfolds in the final moments​

Rinku’s innings featured a pivotal moment in the final over. After hitting a four off the first ball, the tension heightened. However, a twist of events followed, with a caught-out dismissal of Axar Patel and a run-out of Ravi Bishnoi, keeping the match on a knife’s edge.

The controversial last-ball six​

With one run needed off the last ball, Rinku smashed a six over long on, seemingly sealing the win for India. However, the celebration was short-lived as the third umpire intervened, confirming that Sean Abbott had overstepped, resulting in a no-ball.

Also READ: Twitter reactions – Suryakumar Yadav, Rinku Singh shine in India’s record chase in T20I – IND vs AUS

ICC playing conditions determine the outcome​

The disappointment for Rinku stemmed from the ICC Men’s T20I Playing Conditions (16.5.1), stating that once a result is achieved, the match concludes. Consequently, Rinku’s six, though impressive, did not contribute to India’s total or his personal scoresheet, as the no-ball had already determined the match’s outcome.

The ifs and buts​

Interestingly, had India required more than one run to win, Rinku’s six would have been counted, potentially altering the outcome. In such a scenario, Abbott’s no-ball would, at best, have tied the scores, keeping the match alive for a thrilling finish.

While Team India celebrated a hard-fought victory, Rinku’s last-ball six, though visually spectacular, became a footnote due to the technicalities of the game’s rules. The T20I series opener will be remembered not only for the on-field heroics but also for the unique turn of events in the final over.

Also WATCH: Ravi Bishnoi bamboozles Matthew Short with a beauty in IND vs AUS 1st T20I

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back