What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Herschel Walker has done ‘not a blessed thing’ to earn a Senate seat, says former football coach

Brexiter

Herschel Walker’s campaign is as bumbling as the Republican Senate candidate's ability to state a cohesive thought, but this latest misstep is particularly egregious. CNN reports that Walker is getting a tax break this year on his Dallas-area home. The problem is that’s a break given to folks for their primary residence, and someone obviously forgot to tell Walker that he’s running for Senate in Georgia.

According to CNN, which reviewed the candidate’s tax records, Walker is set to receive a homestead tax exemption to the tune of $1,500 on his Texas “principal residence,” breaking all kinds of tax laws in both Texas (obviously his home state) and Georgia.

The Heisman-winning football player received a tax break in 2021 and 2022 for his Texas home—even after announcing his run in Georgia.

RELATED STORY: ‘Are we more afraid of being on Breitbart’ or ‘of the dead people?’ reporter asks media

Georgia State University law professor Anthony Michael Kreis told CNN that Walker isn’t actually breaking the rules as a candidate, but it does make him look pretty shady politically.

“At the end of the day, this is more of a political problem than a legal one, in all likelihood … where Walker can be painted as a carpetbagger. It does call into question whether Walker’s change of residency was made in good faith,” Kreis said.

Walker has voted twice in Georgia, but still kept the exemption. He’s still not technically breaking the law. The U.S. Constitution states that candidates don’t have to have a primary residence in the state where they’re running—at least until they actually win the seat.

But Walker isn’t just taking advantage of tax breaks while running for office; he’s also been swamped with all the work of trashing transgender athletes.

In a new ad released just days after the shooting deaths of five people at an LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado Springs where at least two of the victims were trans, Walker called transgender girls and women athletes “biological males.”

Nadine Bridges, executive director of the nonprofit One Colorado, said in a statement, according to The Hill, “Shame on Herschel Walker — and shame on every politician using LGBTQ lives as political props.”

Walker appeared in the 30-second ad with Riley Gaines, a former University of Kentucky swimmer and vocal right-wing anti-trans extremist. Gaines obviously still butt-sore over a tied competition with University of Pennsylvania transgender swimmer Lia Thomas for fifth place in the women’s 200-meter freestyle finals.

Referring to Thomas, Gaines says in the ad: “I worked so hard—4 AM practices to be the best—but my senior year, I was forced to compete against a biological male.”

Walker finishes the ad by saying, “That’s unfair and wrong.”

Herschel Walker is up with a new runoff ad about transgender athletes, featuring a swimmer who tied with Lia Thomas. “My senior year, I was forced to compete against a biological male,” Riley Gaines says in the ad for Walker’s Senate campaign. pic.twitter.com/MlVxnJwkgB

— Natalie Allison (@natalie_allison) November 21, 2022

Sarah Kate Ellis, the president and chief executive of the LGBTQ media advocacy organization GLAAD, told The Hill, “Airing this kind of rubbish under the guise of a political campaign was already deplorable enough—but in the wake of Saturday night’s massacre at Club Q, it’s simply unconscionable.”

Of course, what’s wrong is Walker releasing the ad a day after five people lost their lives senselessly in a club while just trying to live their lives. But Walker’s anti-LGBTQ ad isn’t just an ad. In a campaign speech on Sunday, he went all-in on the anti-trans hatemongering and never once mentioned the Colorado Springs shooting that had taken place the night before.

Walker’s comments, according to an audio recording from Jezebel:

“Do y’all know what the definition of an enemy is? A enemy is somebody that don’t like you. But they been telling you they don’t know the definition of a woman either. So think about that either. They don’t know the definition of a woman. But I’m going to tell you the definition of a woman. Because it written in my great book. It said ‘a man and a woman.’ And there’s a difference between the two of them. So that’s the reason men shouldn’t be in women’s sport—here’s a difference.

But then, yet, they trying to tell you a man could get pregnant. Get that out of your head. No, he can’t. No, he can’t. All they’re trying to do is take you down in that elevator, take you down in that elevator and lie to you. But I’m going to tell you right now, I’m not going to lie to you. I’m going to tell you, we’re in a mess. We’re in a mess because we put weak leaders in Washington. Weak leaders in Washington that not representing us.”

But Walker hasn’t been busy simply isn’t trashing trans folks, he’s an equal opportunist clown whose aides have zero qualms about lying about the most easily fact-checked items.

The Walker camp lunged at the chance to denounce one of the candidate’s former high school football coaches after the man said he was voting for Democratic incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock.

Curtis Dixon taught at Walker’s Johnson County High School and worked as the school’s assistant football coach. When asked about who he was voting for in the upcoming Senate runoff, Dixon did not mince words.

“Ask him what he has done to be a senator,” Dixon said. “I’ll tell you what he’s done. Not a blessed thing.”

Dixon went on to compliment Warnock on his ability to reach across the aisle, whereas Walker doesn’t have the ability or criteria to be a senator. “He’s not ready,” Dixon said at a Wrightsville, Georgia, campaign rally for Warnock.

Curtis Dixon was @HerschelWalker’s high school football coach in Wrightsville. Curtis Dixon is voting Warnock. pic.twitter.com/eAWllgxDRp

— Reverend Raphael Warnock (@ReverendWarnock) November 22, 2022

The Walker camp immediately released a statement denying that their candidate knew Dixon. According to The Atlanta Journal Constitution, Scott Paradise, Walker’s campaign manager, said of Dixon in a now-deleted tweet, “[he’s] obsessed with Herschel but doesn’t know him.”

Early voting in Georgia starts today. And here’s one of the GOP candidates who actually made it to a runoff, speaking during an interview on Fox News: “This erection is about the people.” That just about says it all.

Walker: This erection is about the people pic.twitter.com/rx9Ju595q3

— Acyn (@Acyn) November 23, 2022

Raphael Warnock needs all the support he can get to help our Democratic majority in the Senate. Chip in $5 today to his runoff campaign.

Click here to sign up for a Vote Tripling shift with MoveOn—on Saturday when early voting begins, next week during early voting, or on Election Day, Dec. 6.

Back