What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

I’m A Serial Renter. Here’s 15 Ways I Make Every Property Feel Like My Own

Brexiter

Simple buys that will instantly add personality to any rental property
Simple buys that will instantly add personality to any rental property

We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, HuffPost UK may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.

Time for a confession: I’m a serial renter. I first started renting in my late teens when I headed off to uni, and, a decade later, I am still living the tenant life,

The properties have varied – from a teeny tiny room in a cramped house-share to a pretty decent three bed townhouse with my partner – but the glaring lack of mortgage remains the same.

I’m now living in my eighth rental property and, thankfully, over time, I’ve managed to master the art of personalising each home I’ve moved into.

Admittedly, decorating a space you’re not allowed to make any major changes to (think: drilling holes or painting walls) isn’t exactly easy, but there are still plenty of little things you can do to inject a rental property with personality.

Intrigued? I’ve rounded up all my go-to hacks and buys for making anywhere you rent feel like home.

More HuffPost Shopping​

Back