What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

India vs Sri Lanka 2023, 2nd T20I – Pitch report, Probable XI and Match Prediction

Brexiter

Indian-Skipper-Hardik-Pandya-and-Sri-Lankan-Captain-Dasun-Shanaka.png
India will take on Sri Lanka in the 2nd T20I of the ongoing three-match series at the MCA stadium in Pune on Thursday, January 5.

The Hardik Pandya-led India, currently leads the series (1-0) after winning the opening contest by 2 runs. While Deepak Hooda 41 (23) and Shivam Mavi (4/22) performed brilliantly for the Men in Blue, Sri Lankan skipper Dasun Shanaka’s quick 45 (27) went in vain during the first T20I.

If India wins the second T20I, they will take away the series from the visitors and then the third game for them will be a dead rubber.

Due to an injury, Sanju Samson has been ruled out from the remaining series, and in his place, 29-year-old Jitesh Sharma has been added to the Indian squad.

Fast bowler Arshdeep Singh, who missed the first T20I due to illness, is also expected to be back in the playing 11 for the Pune game.

Pitch report:​

The MCA ground has so far hosted only three international matches, and the team batting second has won two of them. The average first inning score at the venue is 153 runs. Captain winning the toss will look to field first.

Probable XIs:​

India: Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Rahul Tripathi, Hardik Pandya (c), Deepak Hooda, Washington Sundar, Arshdeep Singh, Shivam Mavi, Umran Malik, Yuzvendra Chahal

Sri Lanka: Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Dilshan Madhushanka, Pramod Madhushan, Lahiru Kumara

Match Prediction:​

Case 1​

• India wins the toss and bowls first
  • Powerplay score: 35-40
  • Sri Lanka total: 145-155

Case 2​

• Sri Lanka wins the toss and bowls first
  • Powerplay score: 40-45
  • India total: 160-165

Team batting second to win the contest.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back