What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

IPL 2023: Twitter erupts as CSK survives Glenn Maxwell, Faf du Plessis carnage to beat RCB

Brexiter

CSK beat RCB by 8 runs
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) secured an 8-run victory over Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru, despite exceptional half-centuries from Faf du Plessis and Glenn Maxwell. It was a thrilling encounter that saw both teams put in impressive performances with the bat.

RCB won the toss and asked CSK to bat first. The Super Kings posted a massive total of 226/6, thanks to some brilliant batting by Devon Conway and Shivam Dubey. Conway smashed 83 runs in just 45 balls, while Dubey scored a blistering 52 off just 27 balls. Moeen Ali also contributed with some vital runs towards the end of the innings.

In reply, RCB had a poor start, losing their skipper Virat Kohli and Mahipal Lomror early. However, Du Plessis and Maxwell played some brilliant shots and nearly carried RCB to victory. Du Plessis scored 71 runs off 46 balls, while Maxwell made 78 runs off 49 balls. But in the end, CSK bowlers held their nerve and restricted RCB to 218/8, securing a thrilling win.

“Very happy with the way things went tonight. I didn’t quite hit the straps in the first few games. Good win for us as a group,” said ‘Player of the Match’ Conway in the post-match presentation.

“My recipe is quite simple – try and play good cricket shots. When I’m under pressure, just try and react and take options that are best for me. I don’t wanna be too predictable. Just using my crease to try and put bowlers off their lengths. Second year playing for CSK, it’s been special. The support is phenomenal, they are loyal as well.

“Makes it a lot better when you have MS Dhoni in your team too. We are really grateful,”
he added.

Here’s how Twitter reacted:

Absolutely love how @ChennaiIPL are bringing along their young/inexperienced seamers in this format. Deshpande, Akash Singh, Hangargekar etc having tough roles. Pathirana another one, coming up big tonight.

— Ian Raphael Bishop (@irbishi) April 17, 2023

Roaring victory for @ChennaiIPL against @RCBTweets! ?? What a thrilling match! Congratulations to the entire team on their spectacular performance which led them to an unforgettable win, way to go boys! ?#IPL2023 #CSKvsRCB

— Suresh Raina?? (@ImRaina) April 17, 2023

444 runs scored! ?

Would have been great to finish on the right side of the ledger but this was an incredible effort from both sides, and a great game of cricket! ?

Well done for putting up such a solid fight, boys! We’re proud of you. ?#PlayBold #ನಮ್ಮRCB #IPL2023 #RCBvCSK pic.twitter.com/bvTjt5rOze

— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) April 17, 2023

Incredible IPL another incredible Game . @ChennaiIPL vs @RCBTweets .. Congratulations CSK for winning this one.. important 2 points

— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) April 17, 2023

That was a near perfect last over from Matheesha Pathirana ? #CSKvRCB

— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) April 17, 2023

For his opening brilliance of 83 off just 45 deliveries, Devon Conway becomes our ? performer from the first innings of the #RCBvCSK clash in the #TATAIPL ?

A look at his batting display ? pic.twitter.com/fHJ08ADJDX

— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 17, 2023

The Glenn Maxwell show!

76 in just 36 balls with 3 fours and 8 sixes – came in at 15/2 after 2 overs and put on a masterclass with Faf Du Plessis. Well done, Maxi. pic.twitter.com/PEJ9HitmkO

— Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) April 17, 2023

MSD after watching insane hitting of Maxwell and Faf.#RCBvCSK pic.twitter.com/4PbqSyU4wL

— Kohlified. (@123perthclassic) April 17, 2023

Dhoni has had better attacks to defend with in the past. But in Pathirana, they have the makings of a fine bowler.

— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) April 17, 2023

What a knock by Faf du Plessis and Glenn Maxwell. 62(33) and 76(36) in a big run chase, brought back RCB in the match again❤️ pic.twitter.com/6JgCSduYcu

— Pari (@BluntIndianGal) April 17, 2023

This! Little part of our life is called Happiness ?#RCBvCSK #WhistlePodu #Yellove ?pic.twitter.com/Iwj9aD3mjC

— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) April 17, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back