What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Kanye West praises Hitler, Nazis in openly antisemitic rant: 'I like Hitler'

Brexiter

Professional conspiracy promoter Alex Jones invited Kanye West onto his show today, one week after the rapper and antisemite West arranged a Mar-a-Lago dinner meeting with Donald Trump that included notorious white nationalist and antisemite Nick Fuentes. That meeting roiled the Republican Party, as there are few names more synonymous with America's antisemitic far-right than Fuentes. Meanwhile. Fuentes and others on the far-right were giddy with their propaganda victory.

Jones presumably invited West and Fuentes onto his show as a bit of self-promotion. It immediately collapsed into antisemitic rants, praise for Adolf Hitler, and praise for Hitler's Nazi Party.

Alex Jones: 'I don't like Nazis' Kanye: "I like Hitler" -commercial break- pic.twitter.com/q2mkmVV1ct

— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) December 1, 2022

West claimed at one point that "300 Zionists" are in control of the media and the government, speculated on pedophilia and the Talmud, and ranted bafflingly about Israeli political figure Benjamin Netanyahu.

On the Alex Jones show, Ye took out a net and a Yoo-hoo drink and did a mock interview with “net and Yoo-hoo.” Alex Jones then claimed the British government created Hitler and believes “there’s a Jewish mafia.” Ye: “I thought [Benjamin Netanyahu] had a funny name.” pic.twitter.com/SajZvdB4hJ

— PatriotTakes ?? (@patriottakes) December 1, 2022

Campaign Action
It was his repeated and explicit praise for Hitler and Hitler's Nazi movement that gained the most attention. "I see good things about Hitler also," West said.

Other quotes:

"They did good things too. We have to stop dissing the Nazis all the time."

"The Jewish media has made us feel like the Nazis and Hitler have never offered anything of value to the world."

"I don't like the word evil next to Nazis. [...] I love Jewish people, but I also love Nazis."

"Woke culture is controlled by the Zionist media."

Even as West continued to spew hate on Jones' show, the House Judiciary Committee Republican Twitter account finally deleted their infamous October tweet:

The Republican Party finally deleted this. All it took was explicit praise of Hitler. pic.twitter.com/QaymWMgxmU

— Sawyer Hackett (@SawyerHackett) December 1, 2022

Kanye West's Twitter account was personally reinstated by Elon Musk after Musk's takeover of the company; West had previously been suspended from Twitter for other antisemitic remarks. West claimed during the interview that he would be allowing Fuentes and Jones to tweet from his reinstated Twitter account today—a move that would further test the limits of Musk's support for antisemitic hate speech.

Whether West's new outburst results in any action from the Republican Party (or Fox News) to further distance themselves from the antisemitic far-right is unknowable.

Daily Kos is the largest progressive organization online, but we don't have billionaire backers. We rely on readers like YOU. Chip in $5 to help us keep fighting for progressive values.

RELATED STORIES:

Fuentes gloats, Trump doubles down, and Republicans wave white feather over dinner date

Jimmy Kimmel demolishes Trump over dinner with ‘Ye’ and ‘racist rando’ Nick Fuentes

Back