What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

LIVE: Follow along as the Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy trial comes to a close

Brexiter

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 4:44:04 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

What did you hear her say when her phone was in her pocket? What was the chances she actually heard what individual is saying to her on Zello ... If this is about some plan, the plan didn't happen with them, Crisp says Context: https://t.co/YkX08JD1WH

— Brandi Buchman (@Brandi_Buchman) November 21, 2022

The question posted to Siniff was: what was her activities IN the capitol, not her intent. He argues, in short, govt was trying to manipulate the information from Siniff's FBI interview to fit their narrative about Watkins allegations

Crisp says when Watkins said she had a death wish on witness stand, it shouldn't be interpreted beyond: she wanted her life to have meaning https://t.co/l5UWHHxXys

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 4:32:08 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

Jonathan Crisp: A government is typically tasked with prosecuting cases in a manner consistent with justice; and what defense has presented and what we'll show you here is a manipulation of evidence and they have lost any right to any credibility you would want to give them

The government twisted a timeline interspersed with texts, Crisp says. (He is walking back and forth past the mic as he delivers his closing remarks, so the audio feed down to the media room is a bit wonky)

Crisp for defendant Jessica Watkins: She recognized what she did in that hallway was wrong....inaudible... and quite frankly...inaudible... you never heard a contradiction in saying it was wrong (her conduct)

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 4:28:25 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

A trial is about credibility; in this trial it is about the credibility of the government and what they have presented, defense atty for OKer Jessica Watkins says as he begins his closing remarks today.

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 4:27:40 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

I'm catching up on what happened while I was out: Defendant Ken Harrelson's closing arguments wrapped; his atty Brad Geyer pushed jurors to acquit saying OKers did not intend to impede officers and were unaware of violence against officers at Caphttps://t.co/zz3dgGIxnq

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 4:23:23 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

OK! I am back. As my mother used to say, there’s no rest for the wicked.

My computer is back up and running and I will resume live updates from the federal courthouse.

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 2:46:23 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

Folks, I’m having technical difficulties with my computer this morning. I will have to break from live-tweeting until it is resolved.

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 2:37:40 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

Geyer calls DOJ case an "absurd insinuation of crimes not committed;" Geyer also says he was sitting in the back of the court on a cot with a "blanky and stuffed animal" last week when he heard his client's name come up repeatedly during close in false ways

Further context re: why got says Harrelson comms are missinghttps://t.co/HaxfpDGFDm

Geyer argues its abusrd to trust Rasheed's testimony over the no guilty plea of Harrelson, who is a veteran.

Kenny, "a hard-working veteran," had no concept of what he had or hadn't heard from a yale law school graduate or from his counsel about the Insurrection Act, Geyer said

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 2:23:27 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

Geyer: Doesn't that make you hesitate? Doors open from the inside, doors no Oath Keeper ever touched or pulled upon or pushed open. These are smaller fallacies and accusations of crimes.. that should make you hesitate...

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 2:20:07 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

The jurors are now seated. Judge Mehta says he is hopeful that today will be the final day for closing arguments. We will begin first with closing arguments for defendant Kenneth Harrelson by attorney Brad Geyer.

UPDATE: Monday, Nov 21, 2022 · 2:16:10 PM +00:00 · Brandi Buchman

Good morning trial followers! We are finally here — the last day of closing arguments. Since attorneys for defendants Elmer Stewart Rhodes and Kelly Meggs closed on Friday, today the closing arguments are expected for defendants Thomas Caldwell, Jessica Watkins, and Kenneth Harrelson.

The government is expected to offer its rebuttal case after the closing arguments wrap up and last he mentioned it, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Nestler said he didn’t expect the rebuttal to be long.

With the court closed on Wednesday, jurors could begin deliberations on Tuesday, take a break over the Thanksgiving holiday, and return to court next week Monday.

The final jury instructions are also live this morning. Some key elements in the instructions revolve around First Amendment speech and how jurors must treat the conspiracy charge.

The final jury instructions for the Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy trial are now live.https://t.co/1f4HEJxpvN

Closing arguments for three of the five Oath Keepers defendants currently charged with seditious conspiracy will get underway today. All that’s left from that point is for the government to launch its rebuttal which is expected to come at the end of Monday. Then, off to the jury it goes!

Back