What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Looking for ways to support Maui relief efforts? Here are five groups providing services right now

Brexiter

Catastrophic wildfires in Hawai'i have left thousands homeless and claimed dozens of lives, particularly on the island of Maui. Lahaina, which was once the capital of the Hawaiian Kingdom and is of significant historic and cultural importance to the Kānaka Maoli Indigenous Hawaiian people, has been completely destroyed.

These wildfires were fueled by severe drought conditions and fierce winds whipped up by Hurricane Dora—a dangerous mix of conditions that turned a bad situation into a fatal scenario. Between the loss of life and the destruction of cultural sites, climate change is costing us everything.

Please contribute $5, or whatever you can, to support organizations working around the clock to provide emergency housing and relief services to displaced families and refugees across Maui.

Daily Kos has partnered with the Maui Community Power Recovery Fund to raise money to help disaster relief and recovery efforts. The organization supports immediate relief efforts to house, feed, and support displaced families and dedicates resources for long-term efforts to rebuild and advance structural change in Maui and Hawai’i. It includes the following:

• Our Hawai’i is organizing a grassroots political movement to create a Hawai‘i that puts local working kama‘āina and Kānaka Maoli families first.

• ‘Āina Momona is a community organization dedicated to achieving environmental health and sustainability through social justice and restoring Hawaiian sovereignty.

• Hawai‘i Funder Hui partners community organizations with philanthropists to deliver equitable, community-led funding of non-profits in Hawai’i.

• Kākoʻo Maui is a Native Hawaiian-led relief effort directing 100% of funds to Maui organizations. It’s hosted by the Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement, which enhances the cultural, economic, political, and community development of Native Hawaiians.

• Onipa‘a Maui works to ensure that local elected officials work on behalf of Maui’s people and environment, not special interest lobbies.

Please donate $5 to the Maui Community Power Recovery Fund. One-hunded percent of your contribution will go directly to providing critical aid to the people of Hawai'i.

Back