What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Netizens react as Bangladesh register their first-ever T20I series win over England

Brexiter

Bangladesh seal T20I series against England
Bangladesh clinched the three-match T20I series against world champions England with a game to spare in Mirpur on Sunday, March 12. The hosts pulled off their second successive upset with a four-wicket win over England. All-rounder Mehidy Hasan Miraz was the star performer with bat and ball.

Chasing 118 to win, Bangladesh had a disappointing start as openers Litton Das and Rony Talukdar fell for single-digit scores. However, Najmul Hossain Shanto and Mehidy put together a 41-run partnership to steady the innings. Jofra Archer then dismissed Mehidy and Afif Hossain to end with three wickets in his four overs.

Despite losing wickets, Najmul (46) and Taskin Ahmed helped Bangladesh chase down the target with seven balls to spare. England bowlers Sam Curran, Moeen Ali and Rehan Ahmed picked up a wicket each.

In the first innings, England struggled with the bat as they lost opener Dawid Malan (5) early, followed by Phil Salt (25) who was caught and bowled by Shakib Al Hasan. Ben Duckett top-scored for the visitors with a run-a-ball 28, but Mehidy’s 4-12 ripped through the middle order. Ahmed scored 11 on his T20I debut as England ended on 117 – their eighth-lowest T20I total.

It was a historic win for Bangladesh as they had never won a T20I series against England before. Mehidy’s all-round performance earned him the ‘Player of the Match’ award.

Here’s how Twitter reacted:

Bangladesh creates history by stunning England in the T20 series! Taskin Ahmed's back-to-back fours lead Bangladesh to a thrilling 4-wicket victory! #BANvsENG #T20Series #Cricket pic.twitter.com/dOxCbaSPC8

— Syed Sami ? ?? (@SamisDaily) March 12, 2023

Alhamdulillah, Glad to be a part of another historic moment! #BANvENG pic.twitter.com/soOXZQehhc

— Mustafizur Rahman (@Mustafiz90) March 12, 2023

History is made as the Tigers claim their first-ever T20I series victory against England, marking a significant milestone for Bangladesh cricket

Congratulations Tigers?? pic.twitter.com/Q2PC1JYjAB

— Bangla Tigers (@BanglaTigers_ae) March 12, 2023

The celebrations of Shanto & Taskin Ahmed when Bangladesh won the T20I series by 2-0 against World Champion England.#BANvsENG #INDvsAUSTest #bgt #NZvSL #wpl pic.twitter.com/0rTlgy1luZ

— ramuu@007 (@ramunaidu07) March 12, 2023

Congratulations #Bangladesh win against England By 4 wickets?#BANvsENG pic.twitter.com/RGZYtSFbIX

— ????????? (@TayybaAly) March 12, 2023

এটাই বাংলাদেশ ❤️??
History created. Bangladesh beat world champions England and won the series 2-0 so far. Congratulations @BCBtigers #banvseng #engvsban pic.twitter.com/T4ZTWgoJEi

— Kawser Ahmed Shishir (@shishirkawser) March 12, 2023

Terrific @BCBtigers is the really one of the dangerous team to defeat at their home …and they have proved this more strongly by clinching the T20 Series against @englandcricket #BANvsENG #Tiger

— AADIL NAFEES (@AadiLECE) March 12, 2023

Alhamdulillah ?
Whatta Series win against the WORLD CHAMPIONS! ❣️❣️❣️

Bangladesh ❤️??#BANvsENG #Bangladesh #England pic.twitter.com/s4fOeJanEz

— Afrin?? (@Afrin_2920) March 12, 2023

T20 Series win against T20 World Champions England is not easy.

We made it,Made it perfectly with a game in hand.

Taskin,Miraz,Shanto was exceptional good.

Congratulations.#BANvENG #BANvsENG pic.twitter.com/opyCp1RdAi

— Sobuj ?? (@aksobuj_) March 12, 2023

Bangladesh beat England in a low scoring thriller to register their first series victory over England in any format. Mehidy Miraz picked up four crucial wickets and Najmul Shanto played a patient knock to steer them past 117. Congratulations to the Bangladesh team! #BANvsENG pic.twitter.com/MhaKVhHTSC

— AsianCricketCouncil (@ACCMedia1) March 12, 2023

First ever series win in any format against England.#BANvsENG pic.twitter.com/tODoCvf2Wc

— Nafisa Kamal Official ♈ (@nafisakml) March 12, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back