What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

New Zealand clinches T20I series with a commanding win over UAE

Brexiter

New Zealand clinch T20I series against UAE
In the third and final T20I of the New Zealand tour of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) 2023, the Blackcaps reaffirmed their dominance by securing a resounding 32-run victory against the UAE at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Sunday (August 20).

New Zealand Innings:​

New Zealand, having been put in to bat after UAE won the toss, posted a competitive total of 166/5 in their allotted 20 overs. The Kiwi batsmen put up a solid show, with notable contributions coming from Will Young and Mark Chapman. Young top-scored with a brilliant 56 off 46 balls, which included 7 fours and 1 six, while Chapman added 51 runs off 32 balls, embellishing his innings with 5 fours and 2 sixes.

Among the UAE bowlers, Junaid Siddique was the standout performer, claiming three crucial wickets for just 26 runs in his 4-over spell.

UAE Innings:​

Chasing a target of 167, UAE faced a stiff challenge from the New Zealand bowlers. They managed to score 134/7 in their 20 overs. Aayan Khan was the top-scorer for UAE, playing a valiant knock of 42 runs off 36 balls, which included 4 fours and 1 six.

Ben Lister was the pick of the New Zealand bowlers, scalping three wickets for 35 runs in his 4-over quota. The New Zealand bowling unit, as a whole, put up a disciplined performance to restrict UAE from reaching their target.

Also READ: Twitter reactions – Ruturaj Gaikwad, Rinku Singh, Jasprit Bumrah lead India to series-clinching win over Ireland

Result:​

In the end, New Zealand emerged victorious by a comfortable margin of 32 runs, sealing the series with a 2-1 lead.

New Zealand seal the series with 32-run in the third T20I: https://t.co/dyWOC73Q5n#UAEvNZ #3rdT20I #CricketTwitter pic.twitter.com/b6SHWbezc5

— CricketTimes.com (@CricketTimesHQ) August 20, 2023

Player of the Match:​

The Player of the Match award went to Will Young for his crucial half-century that anchored New Zealand’s innings and set the tone for their victory.

Series Recap:​

The series was a rollercoaster ride, with both teams showcasing their skills and determination. New Zealand won the first T20I by 19 runs, while UAE bounced back impressively to win the second T20I by 7 wickets. However, New Zealand’s dominant performance in the third T20I ensured that they claimed the series 2-1.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back