What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Newt Gingrich tries to attack John Fetterman's tattoos and it goes hilariously badly for Newt

Brexiter

John Fetterman has been running a very solid campaign based on policy promises and remedies. The very simple idea is that Fetterman wants Pennsylvanians to consider voting for him to become their next senator. He is hoping that the ideas he puts forth and policy promises he makes will appeal to voters. He has the added bonus of having a great social media team. He has the double added bonus of running against television diet pill-pusher Mehmet Oz. He has the triple bonus of running against the GOP and the clown car that comes with it.

Embedded Content

On Monday, Newt Gingrich of all people decided to have a go at Fetterman. Was Newt going to push one of his famously calorie-free big ideas on Fetterman? Was he going to ask for forgiveness for his part in promoting Trump’s Big Lie in a naked push for power and relevance? Maybe Gingrich would ask Fetterman to help pay off some of his multimillion dollar debt in unpaid bills from his failed 2012 run for president? No, Gingrich was going to piggyback on Tucker Carlson’s last-ditch effort to smear Fetterman’s … tattoos. You know, tattoos.

Does Fetterman have a series of white power signs on his body? No. He has tattoos to mark reminders of the people from his town of Braddock, where he was mayor. Many of his tattoos timestamp the deaths of innocent citizens, frequently to gun violence, and it is an important permanent reminder for Fetterman: "My decision to mark these deaths with tattoos was inspired in part by their permanence—the fact that these people, their stories and my town will be with me forever. I get that etching art permanently onto your body isn't how most politicians would express their connection to their communities. But I didn't care about what anyone else thought. It felt right to me."

Back to Gangreenich! Who wrote on Twitter, “Is Pennsylvania Democrat Fetterman’s tattoo ‘I will make you hurt’ based on his ties to the crips gang as reported by the Free Beacon or a reference to the nine inch nails heroin song ‘Hurt’. Fetterman won’t answer questions.” Gingrich really lit up the internet with his truly inane take on a great and sad song written by Pennsylvanian native Trent Reznor and famously covered by American icon Johnny Cash in his twilight years.

RELATED STORY: Mehmet Oz desperately releases doctor's note that instantly blows up in his face

Gingrich’s decision to go on social media to try and frighten people who are so out of touch that the whiff of an idea of Black people could send them into a bomb shelter fell flatter than his 2012 campaign! (Insert your own rim shot sound effect.) It was a spectacular failure to add to the Fetterman versus Oz election cycle.

ScreenShot2022-09-27at8.51.44AM.png

Then here’s how I imagine Fetterman received this tweet.

GettyImages-1242465146.jpg

If the Gingrich who stole Christmas wanted to stun the online community with thunderous stupidity, he achieved something.

We're 2 tweets away from Newt blaming Fetterman for Biggie and Tupac's murders

— Dr. Jorge Caballero stands with ?? (@DataDrivenMD) September 27, 2022

Anytime Gingrich speaks online, if you didn’t know, this image and story are quickly attached by someone or 1,000 someones.

You are terrible https://t.co/GkFVThspkI

— Adam Parkhomenko (@AdamParkhomenko) September 27, 2022

A quick sociology class for Mr. Grinch.

It's a Nine Inch Nails lyric. Some people who grew up in the '80s & '90s would get tattoos of their favorite lyrics. If you think it's weird, wait until you hear what Roger Stone has tattooed on his back. Now that's nuts.

— Russell Foster A New Texas (@RussellFosterTX) September 26, 2022

And someone made a nice visual aid for Gingrich.

here you can listen to the lyrics with video pic.twitter.com/7j6ztuKsMl

— StevePedigo (@steve_pedigo) September 26, 2022

And these two are from the dark side of the force, but I’m a fan.

Am I the only one who thought that Newt had passed away years ago? I forgot he existed ???

— Spooky Meidas Jewels?? (@Meidas_Jules) September 26, 2022

And because I’m trying to curse less myself.

You are the dumbest mother fucker. Honestly, does your body forget to breath sometimes? The Free-Beacon? Get in the sea.

— Fred Wellman (@FPWellman) September 27, 2022

But less we forget the real victims here, the ones that Newtly is trying to protect.

Newt, you are right. the nine inch nails heroin song “Hurt” caused me to get addicted to injecting marijuana cigarettes, and to lose my job in the jobs factory. Thank you for saying this.

— ?the nine inch nails heroin song “Hurt”? (@Greg_Sideyr) September 27, 2022

And finally.

While Republicans try to overturn elections and make it harder to vote, volunteer to help save democracy by encouraging people to cast their ballots. Click here to view hundreds of local and national Get Out the Vote opportunities on the Daily Kos Mobilize feed, and sign up to volunteer on a national campaign or one near you.

RELATED STORY: The role Newt Gingrich played promoting Trump's Big Lie under new microscope

Back