What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Ravichandran Ashwin reacts to Brendan Taylor’s shocking spot-fixing revelation

Brexiter

Ravichandran Ashwin on Brendan Taylor
Former Zimbabwe captain Brendan Taylor took the cricketing world by storm after revealing that the ICC is likely to impose a multi-year ban on his international career after he allegedly delayed reporting a corrupt approach.

Taylor released a statement on his official Twitter account, stating that in 2019 he had visited India to meet a businessman with the idea of launching a T20 competition in Zimbabwe. However, he claimed that substance abuse occurred during his meeting, and the businessman threatened to release the video of the same happening unless the cricketer indulged in spot-fixing.

Taylor revealed that he reported the offence to ICC four months later in order to protect his family and hoped that the governing body would understand.

“It took me 4 months to report this offence and interaction to the ICC. I acknowledge this was too long of a time, but I thought I could protect everyone and, in particular, my family. I approached the ICC on my own terms, and I hoped that if I explained my predicament, my genuine fear for our safety and wellbeing, that they would understand the delay.

“Unfortunately, they did not, but I cannot feign ignorance in this regard. I have attended many anti-corruption seminars over the years, and we know that time is of the essence when making reports,”
said Taylor in his statement.

After Taylor’s explosive revelation, Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin shared his reaction and offered his support to Taylor. Ashwin also stressed the importance of raising awareness.

“Spread the awareness!! Most times, the hand dealt to us at the poker table gives us an option to bet or fold!! Its important to fold and leave the table! All strength to Brendan and his family” tweeted Ashwin.

Spread the awareness!! Most times the hand dealt to us at the poker table gives us an option to bet or fold!! Its important to fold and leave the table! All strength to Brendan and his family? https://t.co/FqsvTd4ao7

— Ashwin ?? (@ashwinravi99) January 24, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back