What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli lead wishes on India’s 77th Independence Day

Brexiter

Cricket fraternity extend wishes on India's Independence Day
On Tuesday, India marked Independence Day with tremendous enthusiasm. On this very day in 1947, India achieved liberation from British colonial dominance. Athletes have played an equitable role, elevating India’s standing with their illustrious achievements on the field. Cricket, in particular, has significantly contributed to this cause. Whether clinching global championships or setting world records, cricketers have led the charge in bringing honour to the nation.

The cricket community utilized social media platforms to extend their well-wishes on this significant occasion. Rohit Sharma, the captain of the Indian men’s cricket team, shared a heartwarming message, encapsulating the spirit of the day.

“The tricolour means more than words can ever convey. Happy Independence Day,” tweeted Rohit.

The tricolour means more than words can ever convey. Happy Independence Day, 🇮🇳

— Rohit Sharma (@ImRo45) August 15, 2023

Also READ: India’s 17-man probable squad for the Asia Cup 2023

Former India cricketer Suresh Raina took to his official Twitter handle and wrote: “Wishing my fellow Indians a joyous #IndependenceDay! Let’s honor the sacrifices of our freedom fighters and cherish the spirit of unity in diversity. May the tricolor always fly high, symbolizing unity in diversity. #JaiHind!”

Wishing my fellow Indians a joyous #IndependenceDay! Let's honor the sacrifices of our freedom fighters and cherish the spirit of unity in diversity. May the tricolor always fly high, symbolizing unity in diversity. #JaiHind! 🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/rN5jT5JksK

— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) August 15, 2023

Talented batter Suryakumar Yadav shared a photo of himself holding the Indian Tricolor with a heartwarming message.

“A nation like no other, an honour comparable to none. Wishing everyone a very happy Independence Day! May our country continue to rise and shine and may we do our best to continue to contribute to its glory!” tweeted Surya.

A nation like no other, an honour comparable to none.

Wishing everyone a very happy Independence Day!🇮🇳

May our country continue to rise and shine and may we do our best to continue to contribute to its glory! pic.twitter.com/yguMWte0uY

— Surya Kumar Yadav (@surya_14kumar) August 15, 2023

Legendary Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar wrote: “I love my India सभी भारतीयों को मेरी ओर से स्वतंत्रता दिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं। Wishing all my fellow Indians across the world a very happy Independence Day. जय हिंद”

I love my India 🇮🇳

सभी भारतीयों को मेरी ओर से स्वतंत्रता दिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं।

Wishing all my fellow Indians across the world a very happy Independence Day.

जय हिंद 🇮🇳#IndependenceDay

— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) August 15, 2023

Ajinkya Rahane, who captained India to the memorable Border-Gavaskar Trophy triumph in 2021, wrote: “May we embark on a collective journey of growth, goodwill, and prosperity as we celebrate our 77th Independence Day. Jai Hind”

May we embark on a collective journey of growth, goodwill, and prosperity as we celebrate our 77th
Independence Day. Jai Hind! 🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/urz4FIXKhg

— Ajinkya Rahane (@ajinkyarahane88) August 15, 2023

Virat Kohli lead Independence Day wishes:​

Happy Independence Day to all. Jai Hind. 🇮🇳

— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) August 15, 2023

Happy Independence Day 🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/QHb2h7DYaH

— Robin Aiyuda Uthappa (@robbieuthappa) August 15, 2023

Wishing everyone a Happy #IndependenceDay! Today we celebrate the freedom, diversity and progress of our nation. Let’s continue to build a bright and prosperous future for our country and keep the tricolor flying high! 🇮🇳#IndependenceDayIndia #JaiHind pic.twitter.com/b3a9JSBJkn

— Jay Shah (@JayShah) August 15, 2023

🇮🇳 The blurry image of the flag you see in this picture is not just a flag, it’s an emotion which I wore on my chest for my entire career. Let us keep our flag flying high. Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians. #HappyIndependenceDay 🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/tvz43veHav

— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) August 15, 2023

Wishing you all a very Happy Independence Day! 🇮🇳

— Anil Kumble (@anilkumble1074) August 15, 2023

Ishq ka toh pata nahi, par jo tumse hai woh kisi aur se nahi!

Jai Hind 🇮🇳🇮🇳 #IndependenceDay pic.twitter.com/lhxyCY8Iw7

— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) August 15, 2023

Respect our National Flag not only today but everyday. Request you to not throw away the flags anywhere after celebrations. Jai Hind 🙏🏼
Happy #IndependenceDay2023 pic.twitter.com/ZymEiyryPK

— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) August 15, 2023

Happy Independence Day. A big salute to every brave and unsung hero. May freedom always reign. 🇮🇳

— K L Rahul (@klrahul) August 15, 2023

Every time I wear the blue, it’s for our tricolor. Wishing everyone a Happy Independence Day! 🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/3JsL1NHeX9

— Yusuf Pathan (@iamyusufpathan) August 15, 2023

Wishing my Indian friends a very Happy Independence Day ♥️🇮🇳 #IndependenceDay

— Chloe-Amanda Bailey (@ChloeAmandaB) August 15, 2023

Salute to the unbreakable determination and sacrifices of those who safeguarded our nation with unflinching strength. May we live in alignment with our Dharma . #IndependenceDay2023 pic.twitter.com/2XtXcyYP41

— Venkatesh Prasad (@venkateshprasad) August 15, 2023

I bow down to all those who
laid down their lives so that we can celebrate this day.
Happy #IndependenceDay2023 pic.twitter.com/9SyhEjFoUv

— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) August 15, 2023

Heartiest Greetings to all on #IndependenceDayIndia. Lets remember the sacrifices of our freedom fighters and resolve to take the country on the path of peace, harmony and progress. Our every step should ensure that we are contributing to the Nation. pic.twitter.com/Tct2FHFeUD

— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) August 15, 2023

Also READ: Sri Lanka all-rounder Wanindu Hasaranga bids farewell to Test cricket

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back