What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Rylan Gets The Thumbs Up From Have I Got News For You Viewers After Making Impressive Guest Debut

Brexiter

Rylan on Have I Got News For You

Rylan Clark made quite the impression on Have I Got News For You viewers as he made his debut on the show on Friday night.

The It Takes Two presenter was praised online for his quick wit and jokes as he joined Ian Hislop’s team on the BBC topical panel show.

Guest presenter Jo Brand introduced Rylan to the show as a “broadcaster who says there should be a law that forces government ministers to answer questions properly when being interviewed”.

The political panel programme was discussing Wolverhampton’s Immensa Health Clinic, which is being investigated over a potential error with 43,000 negative Covid-19 results.

Jo joked: “Rylan I think you went to Immensa in Ibiza, didn’t you?” to which he replied, “I did, I was a gogo dancer there.”

She continued the gag by questioning if it was near to Pacha, a well-known Ibiza superclub, and further queried: “What is Pacha?”

Rylan replied: “I’m going to change your life Jo Brand.”

Jo asked the former X Factor contestant if he would stick to his offer and take her to Ibiza if she brought some Tena Lady, a female hygiene product for weak bladders.

He responded: “No need to bring the Tena Lady because I’ve already packed them, darling.”

Tonight’s #HIGNFY is hosted by Jo Brand, with panellists @Rylan and @Peston joining Ian and Paul. 9pm – BBC One. pic.twitter.com/Ds8V4QPHhE

— Have I Got News For You (@haveigotnews) October 22, 2021

The political comedy show also discussed how the UK was facing a shortage of bouncers due to Covid-19 and national shortages because of a lack of lorry drivers.

Rylan said: “I don’t think there’s a shortage in Essex, everyone is a bouncer, (there’s a) bouncer every three doors along.”

“Can you have one in your own home?” Ian asked.

“How do you know I haven’t?” he replied, adding: “And I saw you outside on the lawn the other morning.”

On Twitter, praise was rolling in for Rylan’s HIGNFY debut...

I've said it before & I'll say it again. @Rylan is a huge talent. A born storyteller with exceptional comic timing & a beautifully rare streak of self-awareness. #HIGNFY

— James OhBrien (@mrjamesob) October 22, 2021

Peston and Rylan is making me howl https://t.co/ttstdnpogd

— Major Charles Innocent (@JoeStephenson96) October 22, 2021

Thought @Rylan was lovely tonight on #hignfy Gentle humour, no huge ego and courteous to guests and Jo.

— Gaynor Bray (@GeEeBe) October 22, 2021

Rylan was great on #HIGNFY tonight.
Let him host it next time.

— Ian Hyland (@HylandIan) October 22, 2021

Absolutely brilliant #HIGNFY tonight - love #JoBrand as host & @Rylan a fantastic asset as panellist- more please! https://t.co/G6tST4wIUd

— Amanda Hills (@AmandaHLondon) October 22, 2021

Watched #hignfy for the first time in ages tonight. People really shouldn’t underestimate @rylan. ❤️ his interaction with Jo Brand…

— Hilary A Clarkson (@HAC911) October 22, 2021

#HIGNFY was brill as usual tonight... @Rylan was surprisingly the star! Oh please have em back on the show again, perhaps hosting next time!

— Davo Roberts (@Partakers_Dave) October 22, 2021

I’m especially sorry not to be there for @Rylan’s debut. I love that guy.

— Victoria Coren Mitchell (@VictoriaCoren) October 22, 2021

@Rylan taking Jo Brand clubbing in Ibiza is a reality show that we need. #HIGNFY

— Janet Webb (@JWebbConsulting) October 22, 2021

Get @Rylan on #HIGNFY every week! ???

— John (@_JPev) October 22, 2021

Rylan being extremely good value for money on #HIGNFY!

— Stephen Leng (@steveleng) October 22, 2021

#HIGNFY one if the best shows for a long time, nice to see @Rylan on that type of show, was very good.

— Stu@rt (@SforStuart) October 22, 2021

Earlier this week, Rylan set the record straight on claims his BBC Radio 2 bosses were concerned for his welfare after he returned to work following the breakdown of his marriage.

The Sun claimed it was suggested he took a year off work to focus on himself after appearing to have a breakdown while hosting his show.

Responding on Twitter, Rylan said: “Couple of news stories today. Be assured, I’m good. I wasn’t but I am now x.”

A BBC spokesperson also added: “Following some time away from his show, we’re delighted Rylan is back on air.”

Have I Got News For You airs on Fridays at 9pm on BBC One.

READ MORE:​

Back