What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

SHOCKING UNEXPECTED Ukraine Update: Kerch Bridge knocked out

Brexiter

OMFG.

Kerch Bridge pic.twitter.com/vdRgEj5NyE

— Michael MacKay (@mhmck) October 8, 2022

The road side is collapsed, the rail side will collapse soon.

This is the bridge that connects Russia with Crimea, and it’s the main way of resupply for the southern front. It’s also a symbol of Russian strength and annexation of Ukrainian territory. This is devastating to Russia, and on the day after Vladimir Putin’s birthday, it’s f’n perfect.

So many questions, such as, does Ukraine have ATACMS—long-range rockets fired from HIMARS and MLRS launchers? Or is this some other wonder weapon we didn’t yet know existed? We’ll update as information comes in.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 4:53:39 AM +00:00 · kos

This isn’t something you paper over with some metal sheets. I don’t understand how Ukraine could do this kind of damage to Kerch, but the bridges at Nova Kakhovka and Kherson city (Antonovsky) remain so resilient.

Could be good ol’ graft and corruption. One of Putin’s pals built the bridge. Italian villas don’t pay for themselves with honesty and good work.

FehT_-4X0AE1FYw.jpeg

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:07:17 AM +00:00 · kos

Every picture is more amazing than the previous one!

FehbGcfWYAEXTzz.jpeg

Looks like the supports were hit. That might not be a rocket or missile attack, could literally be Ukrainian special forces sneaking in. But I’m just making shit up right now. This is unbelievable—a bigger symbolic blow than sinking the Moskva, and more practical than pretty much anything else I can think of.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:16:15 AM +00:00 · kos

The view from the other side:

Breaking!!!! Crimea bridge hit and this is a serious damage. #Crimea #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/7CL1PNEbig

— (((Tendar))) (@Tendar) October 8, 2022

I agree with everyone who says the evidence of a rocket or missile strike is missing. Looks like the road support was taken out, and the train with fuel supplies hit. How they are related, if at all, is unclear. But two separate strikes at the same time, some place, also seems improbable.

Goddam it, will I sleep tonight?

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:17:55 AM +00:00 · kos

Mud volcanos?

Assuming generous financing, the bridge can be built, but he doubts that it will last very long, given the area's poor geological conditions. These include deep-lying mud volcanoes and a sludgy bottom that is unsuitable for bridge foundations.

It wasn’t smoking this time! The mud volcano struck just as the fuel train was passing by.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:22:51 AM +00:00 · kos

Kerch Bridge explosion occurred on the Ukrainian side of the Kerch Strait. #Crimea #Kerch #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/jg597YDIab

— (((Tendar))) (@Tendar) October 8, 2022

Not far from land. Tilts the explanation toward sabotage.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:23:29 AM +00:00 · kos

There are conflicting reports about what happened at the Crimean bridge Some say it is hilarious, and others are saying it’s fucking hilarious

— Saint Javelin (@saintjavelin) October 8, 2022

Now THIS is both-siderisms I can get behind.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:25:23 AM +00:00 · kos

We. See. You. Ukrainian people fundraised $20 mln to watch russian occupiers smoking negligently over the illegal Kerch Bridge. As you know, smoking in public places in Ukraine is prohibited. pic.twitter.com/2saP6zpSzs

— Defense of Ukraine (@DefenceU) August 19, 2022

Another vote for “smoking” theory.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:30:54 AM +00:00 · kos

Babe wake up the Crimean bridge is on fire pic.twitter.com/TbciaEw4Fb

— Saint Javelin (@saintjavelin) October 8, 2022

My partner is so lucky we are a long-distance relationship.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:41:06 AM +00:00 · kos

Is that an off-ramp down there?pic.twitter.com/hNIgbQN5Bw

— Julia Davis (@JuliaDavisNews) October 8, 2022

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 5:53:49 AM +00:00 · kos

We’ll all be making jokes at Russia’s and Putin’s expense, but people will die in the inevitable temper tantrum. Hitting civilian targets is the only answer Russia has for anything. But no matter what they do, this now shows the Russian people, inescapably, that Putin can’t protect Russian territory. Not Kherson, Kharkiv, or the Donbas, and not even Crimea. Ukraine is marching, they’re moving, and nothing will stop them.

Not even nuclear threats. At this point, even Putin has to be wondering whether his nukes even work. Certainly nothing else has worked as advertised. The last thing he needs is a robust NATO response. He’s lost the war. He has to know he lost the war. The endgame is near.

This is quite the limb to walk out on, and odds are good I’ll be wrong. But my gut says this war will be over by the end of the year, all Ukrainian lands liberated.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 6:07:13 AM +00:00 · kos

Russian government mouthpiece TASS news agency says a truck bomb was detonated on the bridge. That makes zero sense. We’ll see what other excuses they'll come up with as the hours and days pass.

Also, can’t wait for the translated clips of Russian state media are posted.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 6:13:20 AM +00:00 · kos

Fresh pictures, from 11 pm PT.

Petrol cars continue to burn this morning atop the #KerchStrait bridge. Local time there is now 9 AM. These photos were taken within the last 10 minutes. pic.twitter.com/QdH5sT1plO

— The Intel Crab (@IntelCrab) October 8, 2022

The road bridge looks like 35 mm photographic film pulled from its cartridge.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 6:29:34 AM +00:00 · kos

Assuming this is legit, I could see why Russia is saying “truck bomb.”

Enjoy... pic.twitter.com/7Kry8M8nd4

— Аle (@IglesiasVilches) October 8, 2022

But, could also be a random truck picking the absolute worst time to cross. Absent a suicide bomber, which is certainly hasn’t been in Ukraine’s playbook (and considered a sin in all Christian faiths), not sure how they’d manage a truck bomb.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 6:45:52 AM +00:00 · kos

Oh this is interesting:

Is that a boat? pic.twitter.com/KWuaWJyqy5

— Bumbaclart (@Colone1Kurtz) October 8, 2022

I’ve replayed it multiple times. There is definitely movement directly underneath the bridge, looks like wake. Could be the tip of a boat. Now this is a theory that suddenly makes all the sense in the world—Ukraine did get unmanned naval drones from the U.S.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 6:50:27 AM +00:00 · kos

Even closer images of the Crimean Bridge, fire seems to have burnt itself out. pic.twitter.com/AdO3yabZjh

— OSINTtechnical (@Osinttechnical) October 8, 2022

Rail bridge looks sketch. I don’t understand how the one road buckled and collapsed in two spots, unless there were two explosions. Looks like one side of the road might still be intact. Will be interesting to see if it’s usable.

Saturday, Oct 8, 2022 · 6:56:28 AM +00:00 · kos

Happy birthday, Vlad!

Вітаннячко, блядь pic.twitter.com/ATwiAJmliE

— Canadian Ukrainian Fella???? (@bilyk_alex) October 8, 2022

Back