What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Talking to the guy who has been tracking COVID for Daily Kos from the very start: Mark Sumner

Brexiter

PhotographofMarkSumneratDailyKos.jpg

Mark Sumner

We at Daily Kos were prepared for the COVID-19 pandemic from the very start thanks to comprehensive and relentless coverage by Mark Sumner. He wrote his first story on the emerging pandemic on Jan. 23, 2020, and has since written 382 additional stories, including today’s update on the omicron variant. I can honestly say the reason no one in my circle of friends and family has died of COVID-19 is because Mark had me properly scared shitless, and I prepared not just for the inevitable lockdown, but I made sure to educate everyone around me on the importance of taking this pandemic seriously months before the virus burst into the mainstream.

Today on The Brief, our weekly podcast about politics, Mark joins me and Cara Zelaya to talk about the evolving face of the pandemic and why we can’t allow COVID-19 to become endemic.

YouTube Video

You can watch the show live right here on Tuesdays at 1:30 PM PT/4:30 PM ET, but I realize that’s not always the most convenient, so the podcast is a great alternative. It goes live Wednesday mornings at all the usual places, including Apple Podcasts and Spotify. A full list of places to download the show is available here.

Back