What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Telegraph's Cartoonist Bob Moran Violates Twitter Rules With Anti-Vax Attack On Doctor

Brexiter

Bob Moran, The Telegraph’s cartoonist, has got into a messy Twitter row with an NHS doctor over his anti-Covid vaccine stance.

On Monday, Dr Rachel Clarke revealed she had been verbally abused in public for wearing a mask – only for Moran to reportedly “openly abuse” her in response.

His original tweet aimed at Clarke had to be removed by the social media platform because it “violated the Twitter rules”.

Moran is believed to have replied encouraging further verbal abuse against Clarke for “the rest of her worthless existence” according to a screenshot caught by journalist Otto English.

Moran also reportedly added that anyone who disagreed with him does not “fully understand what people like her [Clarke] have actually done”.

Clarke then replied: “Why do you employ a man who openly abuses NHS staff @telegraph? This is targeted harassment and you appear to condone it.”

Moran tweeted back: “Why do you employ a woman who promotes disgusting ideologies, without moral or scientific justification, which lead to the death of children @NHSEngland?

“This is pure, unspeakable evil and you appear to condone it.”

Why do you employ a woman who promotes disgusting ideologies, without moral or scientific justification, which lead to the deaths of children, @NHSEngland? This is pure, unspeakable evil and you appear to condone it. https://t.co/pAuTe6CLbk

— Bob Moran (@bobscartoons) September 28, 2021

Why do you employ a man who openly abuses NHS staff, @telegraph? This is targeted harassment & you appear to condone it ?‍♀️ https://t.co/httwmWBKEr

— Rachel Clarke (@doctor_oxford) September 28, 2021

Clarke took matters into her own hands and asked the Twitter community to “crowdfund legal action against him” as the cartoonist “openly defamed me, an NHS palliative care doctor, as well as incited hate and abuse”.

Her tweet gained more than 10,000 likes in four hours and received support from LBC broadcaster James O’Brien.

I have never asked anything like this before. But @bobscartoons - a cartoonist employed by @telegraph - has just openly defamed me, an NHS palliative care doctor, as well as incited hate & abuse. If I sought to crowdfund legal action against him, might you be willing to help me? pic.twitter.com/TilzOXTmyM

— Rachel Clarke (@doctor_oxford) September 28, 2021

The British Medical Association (BMA) also joined in, and tweeted: “This is appalling to hear Rachel – this is completely unacceptable and should not be tolerated; there should be consequences for abusing NHS staff like this.”

Moran’s name also started trending at number 12 on UK Twitter as others joined in with the debate.

Another very normal day at The Telegraph HQ as their cartoonists' tweet is taken down by Twitter for targeted harrasment of an NHS doctor.

— Jakub Krupa (@JakubKrupa) September 28, 2021

This is fairly shocking from this @Telegraph cartoonist pic.twitter.com/Z5zF244p2u

— Otto English (@Otto_English) September 28, 2021

This is not the first time Moran has expressed his anti-Covid vaccine stance.

He previously claimed that the UK has had an “immoral, totalitarian reaction” to the virus and has accused people who have been vaccinated of being “dangerously misguided”.

He called the UK’s chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty “one of the most dangerous people alive”.

On September 19, he tweeted: “I am unashamedly anti all Covid-19 vaccines for anyone in society. I have never been against vaccines previously. However, I no longer trust the pharmaceutical industry, the advisory committees or the health service. So no more vaccines of any kind for me or my children. Ever.

“And to be clear, I am not just against the Covid-19 vaccines because I think they are dangerous & useless. I think the fact that they were created at all is ethically disgusting. Even if they WERE safe and effective, their creation would remain an unforgivable waste of money.”

HuffPost UK has approached The Telegraph for comment.

The virus is called SARS-CoV-2 and it’s a cold virus.

The disease is called Covid-19 and is diagnosed in rare circumstances where infection with that virus leads to a specific set of severe symptoms.

The word ‘COVID’ is a deliberately misleading conflation of the two.

— Bob Moran (@bobscartoons) September 27, 2021

We need to stop obsessing over how this started and where a novel strain of unremarkable cold virus came from.

What matters is where the immoral, totalitarian reaction is taking us.

And how we can stop the train.

— Bob Moran (@bobscartoons) September 23, 2021

Lyn is dangerously misguided. https://t.co/cVPIToWVri

— Bob Moran (@bobscartoons) September 24, 2021

One of the most dangerous people alive:https://t.co/EzXwBRdnoZ

— Bob Moran (@bobscartoons) September 23, 2021

I am unashamedly anti all Covid-19 vaccines for anyone in society.
I have never been against vaccines previously.
However, I no longer trust the pharmaceutical industry, the advisory committees or the health service.
So no more vaccines of any kind for me or my children. Ever.

— Bob Moran (@bobscartoons) September 19, 2021

Related...​

Back