What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter erupts as Mitchell Marsh hits his maiden century in Big Bash League (BBL)

Brexiter

Mitchell Marsh hits maiden ton in BBL
Mitchell Marsh has continued his blazing form as he smashed his maiden century in the Big Bash League (BBL) on Tuesday. Marsh, who top-scored for Australia in their epic T20 World Cup final win over New Zealand, scored a tremendous unbeaten 100 off just 60 deliveries in the 12th game of the ongoing BBL 11 between Perth Scorchers and Hobart Hurricanes.

Playing his first game of the season, the Western Australian notched his highest Twenty20 score after the Scorchers won the toss at Bellerive Oval. Marsh belted six fours and five sixes during his unreal knock that powered Scorchers to 182/5 in their allotted 20 overs.

Apart from Marsh, the Englishman Laurie Evans chipped in with a valuable 40 from 24 balls in a 67-run stand with Marsh for the fifth wicket. Hurricanes quick Nathan Ellis was the pick of the bowlers for his side with 2/33 from his four overs.

In reply, the Hurricanes were bundled out for a mere 129 in 19 overs, losing the contest by 53 runs. Ben McDermott, with 41 off 29, was their top scorer in the match.

For the Scorchers, England import Tymal Mills picked up the maximum three wickets for 23 in 4 overs. Similarly, Ashton Agar (2/21) and Andrew Tye (2/31) also bagged a couple of scalps.

“We lost a few wickets early on that forced up to try and stabilize. Credit to Laurie Evans for the way he came out and batted. That let me settle, and I could play my shots towards the end overs. We have started well this season when compared to last season – I think we’re playing good cricket. Looking for a small break before preparing for the upcoming games,” said Marsh after winning the ‘Player of the Match’ award.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

An emphatic innings with the bat starring Mitchell Marsh! ? Give us the ball, time to defend! ?️ #MADETOUGH #BBL11 pic.twitter.com/oo9m8iej2w

— Perth Scorchers (@ScorchersBBL) December 14, 2021

Big fella playing a different game at the moment ? https://t.co/uFXH9aZlSi

— Pat Cummins (@patcummins30) December 14, 2021

Mitch Marsh that is a superb knock. 100 off 60 balls. Good to see him back ? #BBL11

— Chloe-Amanda Bailey (@ChloeAmandaB) December 14, 2021

Watch the moment Mitch Marsh brought up his maiden T20 century!

An epic BKT Golden Moment at Blundstone Arena! #BBL11 pic.twitter.com/9S1LXsIfAV

— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) December 14, 2021

This is wild from Mitch Marsh. Wild I tell you. #BBL11

— Brendan Bradford (@1bbradfo) December 14, 2021

MITCH. MARSH. CENTURY.#BBL11 pic.twitter.com/I4zyNQyv9i

— 7Cricket (@7Cricket) December 14, 2021

Mitchell Marsh in professional cricket since November:

16* (5)
53 (32)
28 (22)
77* (50)
33 (45)
60* (27)
100* (60)

367 runs at 122.33
SR of 152.28#BBL11

— Nic Savage (@nic_savage1) December 14, 2021

Century! Maiden BBL ton for Mitchell Marsh. Munro did it last game, Marsh this one.

Marsh looked at ease from the very first ball. Great to see him score so freely like this.

— Nikhil ? (@CricCrazyNIKS) December 14, 2021

Big bucks guaranteed for Mitchell Marsh in the #IPL2022 Auction. Excellent performance in the T20 WC for Australia followed by another superb century from a tricky situation in the #BBL today.

— Prasenjit Dey (@CricPrasen) December 14, 2021

Mitchell Marsh's dream run in T20s continues. Now a Big Bash ?pic.twitter.com/DX4O7Kn7y4

— Funkyy ?‍♂️ (@RoscoTales) December 14, 2021

Hundred for Mitchell Marsh, first in BBL and 100* from 60 balls – he was the X factor for Australia in T20 World Cup and continues his dream form in this format. pic.twitter.com/i50LkNUVyx

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) December 14, 2021

Mitchell Marsh is the new Chris Lynn(in a good way)

— Kieran (@BerbaSpinCric) December 14, 2021

100 for Mitchell Marsh! What an innings for the Perth Scorchers! Executed to perfection! #BBL #BigBash

— Mustafa Ismail (@MustiMachine) December 14, 2021

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back