What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Alzarri Joseph’s maiden 5-fer propels West Indies to series-clinching win over South Africa

Brexiter

West Indies beat South Africa in 3rd T20I to seal the series
West Indies and South Africa played a thrilling encounter at The Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg, where the tourists emerged victorious by 7 runs and sealed the 3-match T20I series 2-1.

Put in to bat, West Indies posted a formidable total of 220/8 in their 20 overs, with Romario Shepherd leading the charge and playing an unbeaten knock of 44 runs from 22 balls. Other notable contributions came from Nicholas Pooran, who scored a quickfire 41 off 19 balls, and Brandon King, who chipped in with 36 off 25 deliveries.

In response, South Africa put up a valiant fight but fell short of 7 runs, finishing at 213/6 in their 20 overs. Reeza Hendricks played a brilliant knock of 83 off just 44 balls, which included 11 fours and 2 sixes, but it was not enough to secure a victory for South Africa. Rilee Rossouw also chipped in with 42 off 21 balls.

However, Alzarri Joseph‘s excellent bowling performance, supported by Jason Holder and Sheldon Cottrell, ensured the Caribbean’s grab the series. Joseph was, in fact, the standout performer for the Windies. He not only scored 14 runs off 9 balls with the bat but also picked up his maiden 5-wicket haul for 40 runs in his quota of 4 overs. The right-arm pacer was deservedly named Player of the Match for his all-round performance.

“We got a good total. Was up to the bowlers to defend it. It is always good to have the confidence of the captain. It has been a long tour. I enjoy a challenge. I enjoy leading the pack,” said Joseph after the match.

Here is how Twitter reacted:

☑️ #TheMenInMaroon have never lost a T20I series in ?? #recordsafe
☑️ @Ravipowell26 wins his T20I as full time T20 captain #captaincy

“It’s only licks when we touch down! ? (@DJBravo47 voice) ?#winningfeeling #SAvWI pic.twitter.com/5S5QKR0eCp

— Windies Cricket (@windiescricket) March 28, 2023

First SERIES WIN as CAPTAIN! Thanks to all involved, until next time South Africa ??.#Rpowell52 pic.twitter.com/703d9d74Wy

— Rovman Powell (@Ravipowell26) March 29, 2023

Alzarri! ??

— Shai Hope (@shaidhope) March 28, 2023

Well done to Rovman Powell and his @windiescricket team. Outstanding win given difficult last few years in this format.

— Ian Raphael Bishop (@irbishi) March 28, 2023

Five-wicket haul in Tests & Five-wicket haul in T20I in South Africa.

Alzarri Joseph, Take a bow. What a bowler. pic.twitter.com/CpP4FP1qHQ

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) March 28, 2023

Romario Shepherd becomes the first player to share multiple 50+ partnerships for 9th or lower wicket in T20Is.

72* with Akeal Hosein (v ENG, 2022)
59* with Alzarri Joseph (v SA, 2023)#SAvWI

— Kausthub Gudipati (@kaustats) March 28, 2023

Excellent bowling from the West Indies to close out the series and the match

Rare series victory. We salute and respect it.

Well done to Andre Coley, Samuel Badree, Rovman and his team.

— Caribbean Cricket Podcast (@CaribCricket) March 28, 2023

An emphatic series win for the West Indies defeating a world class opposition.

In Rovman Powell’s first series as captain, this team has an instant, new identity of fearlessness which has made a huge difference.

This is a new West Indies ?

#SAvWI

— Nikhil Uttamchandani (@NikUttam) March 28, 2023

Head down. Pace up. Always spot on. Alzarri Joseph is such an underrated workhorse. https://t.co/KdjbW49Fh2

— Shafqat Shabbir (@Chefkat23) March 28, 2023

NOT THIS TIME. Alzarri Joseph is the difference maker in the series decider against South Africa.

West Indies win the T20I series courtesy of Joseph’s five-wicket haul. ? pic.twitter.com/tMN8x47B1c

— Saif Ahmed ?? (@saifahmed75) March 28, 2023

I see Alzarri Joseph has had another great day @ the office. Common W for him.#RealDeal

— tea_addict ?? (@on_drive23) March 28, 2023

Great win for the Windies. So happy for them. You can see what it means to them. Ian Bishop's voice has that sense of relief ?

— Robin (@robin_rounder) March 28, 2023

Yessssss!!!!! Congrats @windiescricket @Ravipowell26 well bowled Alzarri Joseph. 2-1 series win!

— Nikita Miller (@NikitaM50994634) March 28, 2023

Brilliant bowling…..Alzarri Joseph was under pressure & he performed so well…. good to see WI getting to winning ways….#SAvsWI #WIvsSA https://t.co/39SRW4AjJe

— Vineet Chawla (@vineetrajouri) March 28, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back