What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Bangladesh survive Karim Janat scare to beat Afghanistan in a thrilling 1st T20I

Brexiter

Bangladesh beat Afghanistan in a thriller
In an exciting encounter between Bangladesh and Afghanistan, the first T20I took place at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium where Bangladesh held their nerve and won the contest by 2 wickets.

Afghanistan, batting first, posted a total of 154 runs for the loss of 7 wickets in their allotted 20 overs. Mohammad Nabi was the standout performer with a well-played innings of 54 runs off 40 deliveries, including 6 fours and 1 six.

Azmatullah Omarzai provided a late flourish, smashing 33 runs off just 18 balls, which included 4 sixes. Shakib Al Hasan was the pick of the bowlers for Bangladesh, claiming 2 wickets for 27 runs in his 4 overs.

Chasing a target of 155, Bangladesh showed resilience and managed to achieve victory with 1 ball to spare, reaching 157 for the loss of 8 wickets. Towhid Hridoy played a crucial role in the middle order, scoring a brisk 47 runs off 32 deliveries, including 3 fours and 2 sixes.

Shamim Hossain Patwari also made a valuable contribution with 33 runs off 25 balls. Karim Janat was the standout bowler for Afghanistan, taking a brilliant hat-trick (3 wickets for 15 runs in 1.5 overs) to almost steer visitors to victory.

Here is how Twitter reacted:

HAT TRICK for Karim Janat! WoW

Karim Janat struck trice as he removed Mehidy Miraz, Taskin Ahmed & Shoriful Islam one after the other to give to complete his hat-trick, but @BCBtigers cross the winning line to win the 1st game by 2 wickets. 👏#AfghanAtalan | #BANVAFG | #XBull pic.twitter.com/lQ7tMLdGOF

— Afghanistan Cricket Board (@ACBofficials) July 14, 2023

Really like the look of Hridoy for Bangladesh, batting in a key position, has done well in the chances that he has got.

Good win for Bangladesh vs Afghanistan, was a tricky total this. Despite the Janat madness, that was good. #BANvAFG

— Nikhil 🏏 (@CricCrazyNIKS) July 14, 2023

HAT-TRICK for @ACBofficials in T20I :

Rashid Khan
Karim Janat#BANvAFG

— JaayShaan (VaidhyaJayaShankar) (@JaayShaan) July 14, 2023

Almost another heart attack💔

Tnx Bangladesh team for saving us❤️#BANVAFG

— Mehidi Hasan (@shihab9395) July 14, 2023

After a nail biting hat trick climax!! #Bangladesh won the first T20I by 2 wickets 🇧🇩 Hats off to our young guns Towhid Hridoy and Shamim Hossain ✌ #BANvAFG

— Shehab Khan (@CricWithShehab) July 14, 2023

🏏 Nail-biting victory for Bangladesh! 🇧🇩 @BCBtigers clinched the 1st T20I by 2 wickets and take the lead in the series 1-0. What a match it was! Hats off to Towhid Hridoy for his career-best highest individual T20I score of 47*(32). Superb knock! #BANvAFG pic.twitter.com/JkAWtWKjHw

— Syed Sami (@SamisDaily) July 14, 2023

What a match- well played Afghan Tigers .

Congratulations to Bangladesh 🇧🇩 #BANvAFG pic.twitter.com/mZ7O5G6Q1y

— Najib Farhodi (@Najib_Farhodi) July 14, 2023

It was a thriller indeed.. #BANvAFG pic.twitter.com/9KVzsf7dPk

🤓 (@aa_yesha_) July 14, 2023

Poor way to finish the easy match. NOT A THRILLER but Just poor finishing again. Towhid-Shamim's 73-runs partnership is the only positive thing from the batting side. Great win.
Our Sylhet has a great crowd & BCB should arrange more matches in this beautiful stadium.#BanvAfg

— Yas1n 0he (@0he_yas1n) July 14, 2023

Take a bow Tawhid Hridoy and Shamim Hossain🤝#BANvAFG

— Ariyan Rishad (@ariyvnine) July 14, 2023

@BCBtigers won 1st T20I by 2 Wickets and lead T20I Series 1-0. Superb Knock. Career Best Highest individual T20I score for Towhid Hridoy 47*(32). Excellent spell @Sah75official 2/27. #BANvAFG

— JaayShaan (VaidhyaJayaShankar) (@JaayShaan) July 14, 2023

Towhid Hridoy 👏🏼 👏🏼 Seems such a bright prospect! #BANvAFG

— Saimon (@SaimonK13) July 14, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back