What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Bangladesh whitewash West Indies in ODI series

Brexiter

Bangladesh beat West Indies in 3rd ODI
Taijul Islam shined with his first-ever five-wicket haul in ODIs to inspire Bangladesh to a four-wicket win over West Indies in the 3rd ODI in Guyana. With that, Bangladesh whitewashed the Caribbeans in the three-match ODI series.

After Bangladesh opted to field in the third and final ODI, their bowlers again dominated the opponents to a below-par score. Taijul picked up a brilliant five-wicket haul for just 28 runs in his quota of 10 overs, including a couple of maidens.

Though captain Nicholas Pooran led from the front and top-scored with a remarkable 73 off 109 deliveries, he didn’t get enough support from other batters as West Indies were bundled out for a mere 178.
In response, the tourists lost Najmul Hossain Shanto early, but captain Tamim Iqbal and Liton Das formed a 50-run stand for the second wicket.

Gudakesh Motie was impressive with his career-best figures of 4/23 as he reduced Bangladesh to 116/5 at one stage. Before the hosts could capitalise further, Mahmudullah and Nurul Hasan added 31 runs for the sixth wicket to keep Bangladesh in the game. Nurul and Mehidy Hasan eventually took the visitors home with scores of an unbeaten 32 and 16, respectively.

“Very fortunate to get an opportunity today, I have been working very hard. Very glad that I made full use of the opportunity. No, there wasn’t any additional pressure. I just stuck to my basics and that clicked for me,” said Taijul after the match.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

The perfect way to end the series! ?? @BCBtigers#WIvBAN #LKD pic.twitter.com/fqFjUnTN4C

— Litton Das (@LittonOfficial) July 17, 2022

Congratulations to Tamim Iqbal for the Player of the Series!#BCB #Cricket #WIvBAN pic.twitter.com/s7KTk7pkyy

— Bangladesh Cricket (@BCBtigers) July 16, 2022

Not the #MenInMaroon day at the office at Providence stadium ??. Congratulations to ?? @BCBtigers for winning the ODI series #WIvBAN pic.twitter.com/yPCOvbnCHq

— Windies Cricket (@windiescricket) July 16, 2022

They've done it! Bangladesh whitewash WI 3-0 in the WI!!

Fantastic from Bangladesh!!#WIvBAN

— ThePoppingCrease (@PoppingCreaseSA) July 16, 2022

First ODI 5⃣ wicket haul for Taijul Islam! What a day he is having. #WIvBAN | #BANvWI pic.twitter.com/PQbfU1Zixx

— ?Flashscore Cricket Commentators (@FlashCric) July 16, 2022

Tamim Iqbal becomes the first visiting player to win multiple ODI Player of the Series Awards in West Indies.

Won it in both the 2018 and 2022 tours.#WIvBAN

— Kausthub Gudipati (@kaustats) July 17, 2022

✅ Shakib Al Hasan in 2009 (3-0)
✅ Mashrafe Bin Mortaza in 2018 (2-1)
✅ Tamim Iqbal 2022 (3-0)

Bangladesh won 3 ODI away series against West Indies, which is the joint highest with Zimbabwe, under 3 different Captains!#WIvBAN pic.twitter.com/RSucBJILkW

— Omar Faruque (@OmarFar46196492) July 17, 2022

Alhamdulillah for everything. ?#WIvBAN pic.twitter.com/TxjJEmo4tZ

— Taijul Islam (@Taijul_12) July 17, 2022

#Windies have been clean swept by Bangladesh in ODI series the Caribbean. How the mighty have fallen!!! #WIvBAN

— Tat'uRadebe (@hlubizer) July 17, 2022

ESPNcricinfo: West Indies bossed the Tests and T20Is, but Bangladesh came back strongly in the ODIs #WIvBAN pic.twitter.com/ODEWYYkn96

— Omar Eziz Khan (@omareziz) July 17, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back