What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Bowlers shine as India defend 95 runs to beat Bangladesh in the 2nd Women’s T20I to clinch the series

Brexiter

India-beat-Bangladesh-in-the-2nd-T20I.jpg
In a thrilling encounter during the second T20I of the India Women tour of Bangladesh 2023, the tourists emerged victorious at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Tuesday. With the win, India also clinched the 3-match series 2-0.

Batting first, India struggled to find momentum, and could only manage to reach 95 runs for the loss of 8 wickets in their allotted 20 overs. Smriti Mandhana and Shafali Verma provided solid starts, scoring 13 and 19 runs respectively. However, the middle-order batsmen faced difficulties, with Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur, and Harleen Deol failing to make significant contributions. Amanjot Kaur contributed well with 14 runs, allowing India to reach a modest total.

In response, the contest went down to the wire where the hosts fell short by 8 runs, being bowled out for 87 runs in 20 overs. Nigar Sultana displayed excellent resistance with 38 runs off 55 deliveries, trying to anchor the innings. However, wickets fell at regular intervals, with the Indian bowlers applying pressure.

Minnu Mani and Deepti Sharma were the key contributors, claiming 2 and 3 wickets respectively, while Shafali and Bareddy Anusha also made notable bowling contributions. In the end, India emerged victorious, securing an 8-run win over Bangladesh.

Here is how Twitter reacted:

Three wickets in the final over for Shafali Verma as India win a low-scoring thriller and seal the T20I series 2-0 🔥#BANvIND | 📝: https://t.co/mspye3W0qI pic.twitter.com/nge2ZS0yRl

— ICC (@ICC) July 11, 2023

W+1, W, 0, W, 0, W by Shafali Verma in the final over while defending just 10 runs.

India defended 95 runs in the 2nd T20I & won the series. pic.twitter.com/zI9aeJaaEy

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) July 11, 2023

Highest Run Scorrer & joint Highest wkt taker in today match for India.@TheShafaliVerma 💯🔥#BANvIND pic.twitter.com/YtBvOYgZXS

— ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇʀᴀ⁷ (@Here4Harman) July 11, 2023

Fantastic spell by @TheShafaliVerma 🤯
1W W 0 W 0 W
IND WON BY 8 RUNS 🇮🇳🏆#BANvIND

— Navaneeth Nani (@Navaneeth_Nani_) July 11, 2023

Excellent bowling by the Indian team to defeat Bangladesh by 8 runs in the 2nd T20I 🏏 #women #cricket #BANvIND #india #Bangladesh #T20

Scorecard: https://t.co/sXZOVVoH9I #CricketTwitter #WomenCricket pic.twitter.com/sYVp25ADww

— WomenCricket.com (@WomenCricketHQ) July 11, 2023

3 wickets for 12 runs. 🔥🔥
Deepti Sharma was on fire in this match against Bangladesh and still people abuse her for no reason. #BANvIND

— Ashvin/अश्विन (@ashvinmalviya10) July 11, 2023

One of the most lopsided contests. India have got away with one here. Great character in dragging the game and making a fist of it but it wasn't a great performance if the catching, batting and extras are anything to go by. Even on this shocker of a pitch #BANvIND

— Soorya Sesha (@sooryasesha7) July 11, 2023

What a game 🤯🔥 absolute heart in mouth stuff 🥶 #BANvIND

— Rishabh (@morningxstar_89) July 11, 2023

India defeated Bangladesh in the T20 series, clinching a resounding 2-0 victory.#BANvIND #ICC #bcciwomen

— Sayantan Pandit (@codziac) July 11, 2023

Bangladesh choked at the end !!

India 🇮🇳 won the match by 8 runs.

Brilliant bowling by Shafali verma 👏 She picked 3 wickets in the last over.

India W :- 95/7 in 20 overs
Bangladesh W :- 87 All-out #Cricket #INDWvBANW #BANvIND

— Visheshta Jotwani 🌸 (@visheshtaaa_j15) July 11, 2023

Shefali defended 10 runs in last over🤣🤣..she is more like bowling all rounder #BANvIND

— Kishan Sharma3 (@Sharma3Kishan) July 11, 2023

Its called indian women team miracle 95 runs ni defend chesi win ayyam chuduuu🥵🔥

Well played girls t20' win ayipoyam next ODI's inka..!!!💯🙌#BANvIND

— keerthana varma (@Keerthanavarma_) July 11, 2023

Well bowled, Shafali.💪 #BANvIND #BANWvsINDW

— info (@info90582) July 11, 2023

Congratulation Team India Womens Cricket team won 2nd T20I Mirpur. #BANvIND pic.twitter.com/E0P5jyHWO6

— Sunil Singh (@SunilSingh_0007) July 11, 2023

A really pleasing victory for India #BANvIND

— A little goofy (@HypocritePointr) July 11, 2023

This article was first published at WomenCricket.com, a Cricket Times company.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back