What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips help New Zealand beat Bangladesh to enter Tri-Series final

Brexiter

New Zealand beat Bangladesh in 5th T20I
New Zealand defeated Bangladesh in the fifth T20 International (T20I) to join Pakistan in the final of the ongoing Tri-Series at Hagley Oval in Christchurch.

Put to bat first, the Black Caps posted a humungous 208/5 in their allotted 20 overs, thanks to scintillating innings by Devon Conway and Glenn Phillips. The pair scored respective half-centuries to take New Zealand to a formidable total. While Conway scored 64 from 40 deliveries, Phillips smashed a quickfire 24-ball 60, including 2 fours and five sixes.

In response, Bangladesh could only manage to reach 160/7, losing the contest by 48 runs. Captain Shakib Al Hasan led from the front but didn’t get enough support from other batters. Hasan was the top-scorer for the visitors with 70 off 44 balls, including 8 fours and a maximum.

For New Zealand, pacer Adam Milne was their pick of the bowlers. Milne bagged a brilliant three-wicket haul for 24 in his quota of 4 overs. Apart from Milne, Michael Bracewell (2/39) and Tim Southee (2/36) picked up two scalps each.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

New Zealand T20I Tri-Series: New Zealand vs Bangladesh

New Zealand won by 48 runs.#BCB | #Cricket | #NZTriSeries | #NZvBAN pic.twitter.com/sw7AhFgFtZ

— Bangladesh Cricket (@BCBtigers) October 12, 2022

A 48 run win to finish the group stage of the T20 Tr-Series ? #NZvBAN pic.twitter.com/2q1Xu0Dggw

— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) October 12, 2022

Devon Conway has scored yet another T20i half century. He isn’t getting appreciated enough for the kind of consistency with which he’s piling on the runs. Incredible. #NZvBan

— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) October 12, 2022

The sound of ball on Finn Allen’s bat is spine tingling ?#NZvBAN

— Renee (@rencarrot) October 12, 2022

Bangladesh's defeat to New Zealand today means that it's Pakistan versus New Zealand in the final #Cricket #NZvBAN

— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) October 12, 2022

A 'Glenn'tastic knock powers the Kiwis to the #NZTriSeries final! ?

They will face Pakistan in the summit clash this Friday ?#NZvBAN | @glenndominic159 pic.twitter.com/GkFexyVHB5

— SunRisers Hyderabad (@SunRisers) October 12, 2022

Devon Conway's live T20I average at Hagley Oval:

280.00 from five innings#NZvBAN

— ?Flashscore Cricket Commentators (@FlashCric) October 12, 2022

NZ win by 48 runs and with that, they have confirmed their place in Friday's final with Pakistan in this tri-series#NZvBAN

— ThePoppingCrease (@PoppingCreaseSA) October 12, 2022

Flick of the wrist does the trick! ?#NZvBAN #WhistlePodu ??pic.twitter.com/nrJufSFgjC

— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) October 12, 2022

New Zealand continue to build momentum towards the #T20WorldCup ?#NZvBAN | ? Scorecard: https://t.co/aqJCmjJ2gL pic.twitter.com/hqxl9AEQZF

— ICC (@ICC) October 12, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back