What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: England hold nerve to beat West Indies in the second T20I by one run

Brexiter

England beat West Indies in a thriller
The second T20I between West Indies and England went down to the wire, where the visitors held the nerve to register a victory by one run.

Chasing 172 to win, West Indies lost eight wickets for 98 runs before Akeal Hosein and Romario Shepherd joined hands to send shockwaves to the entire English camp. The duo took England bowlers to the cleaners and brought down the equation to 30 needed off the final over.

Hosein almost got his side over the finish line by smashing 28, including a couple of fours and three sixes, but it wasn’t enough as the visitors won the battle by just one run. Hosein (44 not out off 16 balls) and Shepherd (44 not out off 28 balls) formed an unbeaten stand of 72 runs for the ninth wicket.

For the tourists, Moeen Ali was the pick of the bowler. The off-spinner bagged three wickets while conceding 24 runs in his quota of 4 overs. Moeen was also named ‘Player of the Match’ after he chipped in with a valuable contribution with the bat as well. The 34-year-old scored a crucial 24-ball 31 during England’s 171/8 in their allotted 20 overs.

However, opener Jason Roy was the top scorer for the English side. He made 45 off 31 with the help of eight boundaries. Tom Banton (25) and Chris Jordon (27) also contributed well to help England reach a competitive total.

“Was a tough surface, to be honest. We thought we got a really good score. We just wanted to give us a few deliveries early on. Then with the ball, we started well. It’s a great wicket to bowl on. I thought me and Rash bowled well in those middle overs. I thought he (Rashid) read the surface really well,” said Moeen after the match.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

It’s not impossible to see what this young West Indies white ball team can become in time. Very exciting talent. They need their top order to start setting the game up better.

— Ian “ Ja Mo” Bishop (@irbishi) January 24, 2022

1Wd . 4 4 1 1Wd 6 6 6

What a finish! ?

West Indies almost pulled off another miraculous final-over win against England, only to fall short by a run!#WIvENG pic.twitter.com/TMZyYesytH

— ICC (@ICC) January 24, 2022

3⃣1⃣ ?
3⃣-2⃣4⃣ ⚪
Moeen ?

Got a message for our Player of the Match?

? #WIvENG ??????? pic.twitter.com/ajgyBsDjQc

— England Cricket (@englandcricket) January 24, 2022

What entertainment. Cricket is a game of inches – the boys take confidence from the late fight-back rally and come again on Wednesday.#MenInMaroon #IzWIVibes #WIvENG pic.twitter.com/lFc0B1E7rK

— Windies Cricket (@windiescricket) January 23, 2022

Tougher night for the West Indies — but not a bad setting for it.#WIvsEng #cricket pic.twitter.com/s8qc8lQ8qK

— Niall Stanage (@NiallStanage) January 23, 2022

#WIvsEng

Last over
Feeling sad 4 WI
30 to win
Need 29 to level

last over
Saqib to Akeal

1Wd,0,4,4,1Wd,6,6,6

Akeal scored 28

Lost by 1 pic.twitter.com/uoHIYCxa9U

— ß ßlocker ?????,(anti-ٹوکریاں) (@rising_raising) January 23, 2022

West Indies fall short of 1 run in their chase of 172 against England. When 30 was needed of the final over with Akeal Hosein on the strike – he smashed 0,4,4,6,6,6 (2 wide ). But fell short of 1 run…
First win for England in 2022#WIvsENG pic.twitter.com/D3vXYqc4Ib

— MUHILAN (@MuhilanRaja) January 24, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back