What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: India in the driving seat after skitting New Zealand for 62 on Day 2 of Mumbai Test

Brexiter

India dominate on Day 2 of 2nd Test
After Ajaz Patel‘s heroics with the ball on Day 2 of the ongoing second Test at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, the Indian bowlers made a splendid comeback and bundled out New Zealand for their lowest total against the Indians in the history of Test cricket.

The hosts resumed the second day at 221/4 and eventually got all out for 325 runs in their first innings. Opener Mayank Agarwal top-scored with 150 off 311 balls with the help of 21 boundaries, including four sixes. All-rounder Axar Patel made a valuable contribution down the order to help India go beyond 300. He smashed his maiden half-century in Tests and scored 52.

In reply, New Zealand bundled out for a mere 62 runs – their lowest Test totals against India. Indian star Ravichandran Ashwin was the pick of the bowler, taking four wickets for 8 runs in 8 overs, including two maidens. Fast bowler Mohammed Siraj picked up three scalps for 19 while Axar bagged a couple of wickets for 14. Jayant Yadav also earned one wicket.

Lowest Tests totals for New Zealand v India:​

• 62 – at Mumbai 2021*
  • 94 – at Hamilton 2002
  • 100 – at Wellington 1981
  • 101 – at Auckland 1968

At stumps, the home team posted 69/0 in 21 overs, with Mayank (38 no) and Cheteshwar Pujara (29 no) are at the crease, leading the visitors by 332 runs.

“This innings was all about grit and determination. I haven’t changed much, just tried to stay side on, but it’s more mental than technical. For my batting, if I don’t attack, I’ll get stuck, so if I don’t put Ajaz under the pump, he will keep bowling in good areas. The Indian domestic circuit is tough, and the years anyone spends there helps them. It’s hard, and the experience and learnings you get is phenomenal, and I’ve carried that into international cricket. We will look to pile on as many runs as we can tomorrow and put the pressure on New Zealand,” said Mayank after the end of the second day’s play.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

What an incredible comeback by the Indian bowlers to bowl New Zealand out for a mere 62. Mohammad Siraj in full swing is one of the great sights to watch & along with Ashwin and Axar doing the job for India in style. India in a commanding position and should be a dominating day 3 pic.twitter.com/tpy2kGxjNG

— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) December 4, 2021

NZ all out for 62. Wow. That is some bowling performance by Team India. Domination. ? #INDvNZ

— Chloe-Amanda Bailey (@ChloeAmandaB) December 4, 2021

62. New Zealand. Lowest score by any team in Tests on Indian soil. #INDvNZ

— Subhayan Chakraborty (@CricSubhayan) December 4, 2021

Stumps, Day 2!

India in complete control at the Wankhede! ?

After bundling ?? out for a scanty 62, Mayank and Pujara have added another 69 to swell the lead to 332. How many more will #TeamIndia add?#INDvNZ #SaddaPunjab pic.twitter.com/iHG7Ppspeh

— Punjab Kings (@PunjabKingsIPL) December 4, 2021

Lowest all-out total in Tests:
Against India:-
62 – NZ at Mumbai, today
79 – SA at Nagpur, 2015
81 – ENG at Ahmedabad, 2021

In India:-
62 – NZ v IND at Mumbai, today
75 – IND v WI at Delhi, 1987
76 – IND v SA at Ahmedabad, 2008#INDvNZ

— Kausthub Gudipati (@kaustats) December 4, 2021

Lowest Totals New Zealand Test History

26 v England – Auckland 1955
42 v Australia – Wellington 1946
45 v South Africa – Cape Town 2013
47 v England – Lord's 1958
54 v Australia – Wellington 1946
62 v India – Mumbai 2021#INDvzNZ @BLACKCAPS

— Fox Sports Lab (@FoxSportsLab) December 4, 2021

That's Stumps on Day 2 of the 2nd @Paytm #INDvNZ Test in Mumbai!

A superb show with bat & ball from #TeamIndia! ? ?

We will be back for the Day 3 action tomorrow.

Scorecard ▶️ https://t.co/CmrJV47AeP pic.twitter.com/8BhB6LpZKg

— BCCI (@BCCI) December 4, 2021

STUMPS, DAY 2️⃣

A superb day all-round for #TeamIndia, where they outplayed the Kiwis across departments to end with a lead of 3️⃣3️⃣2️⃣ runs and ? wickets in hand ??

We are firmly on ??

?? – 69/0 (21)#INDvNZ

— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) December 4, 2021

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back