What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Jason Holder’s career-best T20I figures help West Indies blow away England in Barbados

Brexiter

Jason Holder
Jason Holder took 4/7 as England were bundled out for 103 on their way to a nine-wicket defeat against West Indies in the first T20 international at Kensington Oval, Barbados on Saturday.

Put in to bat first, England sunk to 49 for 7 and were spared further embarrassment by lower-order batters Chris Jordan (28) and Adil Rashid (22).

In reply, Brandon King (52 not out) added 52 runs for the opening wicket with home favourite Shai Hope (20) in 9.1 overs, before crossing the finishing line with an unbeaten 52-run partnership along with Nicholas Pooran (37 not out).

It was West Indies’ joint-biggest win (in terms of wickets) over England in T20Is and England’s largest defeat in the format.

West Indies now leads the five-match series 1-0. The second T20I will take place at the same venue on Sunday.

Brief scores: England 103 in 19.4 overs (Chris Jordan 28, Adil Rashid 22; Jason Holder 4/7, Sheldon Cottrell 2/30) vs West Indies 104/1 in 17.1 overs (Brandon King 52*, Shai Hope 20, Nicholas Pooran 27*; Adil Rashid 1/21).

Here’s how Twitter reacted:

I can’t believe England would deny Jason Holder the chance of a hat-trick by not having any wickets left in their innings#WIvENG

— Ben Gardner (@Ben_Wisden) January 22, 2022

The West Indies take the first T20 after a near-perfect performance ?

Onto the next T20 tomorrow ????????#WIvENG pic.twitter.com/AYA4D7ufAG

— England’s Barmy Army (@TheBarmyArmy) January 22, 2022

England batters in all formats ? #WIvENG pic.twitter.com/CLQGKU94Zl

— James (@Surreycricfan) January 22, 2022

Best bowling figures by pacer against England ??????? in T20Is.

5/31 – Lasith Malinga ?? at Pallekelle, 2012
4/7 – JASON HOLDER ?️ at Bridgetown, 2022 ***
4/15 – Shane Watson ?? at Adelaide, 2014
4/17 – Dushmantha Chameera ?? at Southampton, 2021#WIvENG pic.twitter.com/kFiTUvvkAl

— Thurunu Jayasiri (@ThurunuJ) January 23, 2022

My Mum taught Brandon King when he was in prep school.

Let me ring her and tell her he just got his second T20I 50 ??

UP! #WIvENG pic.twitter.com/OKrvdH2OYw

— Caribbean Cricket Podcast (@CaribCricket) January 22, 2022

West Indies claim the first T20I over England by nine wickets in Barbados!

Brandon King and Nicholas Pooran finish off the job after a brilliant bowling performance from the hosts ?#WIvENG pic.twitter.com/kV5ARi5oep

— ICC (@ICC) January 22, 2022

Having been bowled out for 55 against England at the #T20WorldCup, that's quite a turnaround by West Indies #WIvENG pic.twitter.com/SotuYcuV8h

— Kumar Sourav (@AdamDhoni1) January 23, 2022

In view of this England batting performance, I think they should cancel the hundred ? #WIvENG

— James (@Surreycricfan) January 22, 2022

Jason Holder's figures of 4 for 7 are the best of his T20 career so far. His high release point – generally around 2.15m from the ground – combined with the extra and inconsistent bounce from this pitch proved problematic for England's batters. @IGcom #WIvENG pic.twitter.com/FCDixdaUFF

— The CricViz Analyst (@cricvizanalyst) January 22, 2022

Jason Holder just picks up where he left off at the region’s mecca.

He continues to show his value in T20 cricket with his ability to swing the new ball and then the capability to execute yorkers at the death.

Gonna be a long couple of months for England ?#WIvENG

— Nikhil Uttamchandani (@NikUttam) January 22, 2022

Betway Player-of-the-Match: @Jaseholder98 ?

How happy were you with our star ✨ all-rounder’s performance ?#MenInMaroon #IzWIVibes #WIvENG pic.twitter.com/ReFuNwXOIE

— Windies Cricket (@windiescricket) January 22, 2022

England ??????? : 103 (19.4 ov)
West Indies ?: 104/1 (17.1 ov)
West Indies won by 9 wickets
Player of the match : Jason Holder (West Indies)
1stT20I #WIvENG ? pic.twitter.com/jT3hsGGVDt

— Ishara (@Ishara23032) January 23, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back