What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Jasprit Bumrah makes promising comeback as India secure win over Ireland by DLS method in 1st T20I

Brexiter

India beat Ireland in the 1st T20I
Ireland and India clashed in the opening T20I at The Village, Malahide in Dublin on Friday where the tourists emerged victorious by DLS method.

After being asked to bat, Ireland’s batting performance was characterized by a mix of solid partnerships and quick wickets. Curtis Campher‘s determined innings of 39 runs off 33 balls, supported by Barry McCarthy‘s explosive knock of 51 runs off 33 balls, powered Ireland to a total of 139/7 in their 20 overs.

Also READ: Harbhajan Singh unveils his India squad for Asia Cup 2023

Jasprit Bumrah’s sensational bowling set the tone for India​

The Indian bowling attack, led by skipper Jasprit Bumrah‘s exceptional spell of 2 wickets for 24 runs in 4 overs, made crucial breakthroughs to keep the Irish batters in check. Arshdeep Singh, Prasidh Krishna, and Ravi Bishnoi also chipped in with wickets to restrict the opposition.

In response, Team India reached 47/2 inside 7 overs before rain interrupted the proceedings. The visitors displayed a swift start with Yashasvi Jaiswal‘s 24 runs off 23 balls and Ruturaj Gaikwad‘s 19 runs off 16 balls. However, Ireland’s bowler Craig Young turned the tide with a quick double-wicket breakthrough, dismissing both openers.

As the tension mounted, the game was halted due to unfavorable weather conditions, resulting in India winning by 2 runs according to the DLS method. Bumrah’s all-around brilliance earned him the well-deserved Player of the Match award. His impactful bowling performance, claiming 2 wickets for 24 runs, played a pivotal role in restricting Ireland’s total and guiding India to victory.

Also WATCH: Jasprit Bumrah makes a dream comeback in international cricket with a stunning two-wicket opening over

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

The two captains shake hands as the play is called off due to incessant rains.#TeamIndia win by 2 runs on DLS.

Scorecard – https://t.co/G3HhbHPCuI…… #IREvIND pic.twitter.com/2v5isktP08

— BCCI (@BCCI) August 18, 2023

Boom is back and I hope that Back stays strong for long… #JaspritBumrah

— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) August 18, 2023

Aghhh. India win through D/L method. It was another golden oppertunity for Sanju Samson to prove himself in the middle order. Ruturaj would also have loved having more game time but these are European conditions and rains can come anytime. #IREvsIND

— Ridhima Pathak (@PathakRidhima) August 18, 2023

Jasprit Bumrah becomes the first Indian to win Player of the Match on T20I captaincy debut.#IREvINDpic.twitter.com/RkwtGdMmmx

— Kausthub Gudipati (@kaustats) August 18, 2023

India won the first T20I….!!!!

A great start to the captaincy stint for Bumrah in T20I. pic.twitter.com/3iuqXBwO6q

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) August 18, 2023

Both captains shake hands as the play is called off due to incessant rains in the 1st T20I.#IREvIND

Scorecard: https://t.co/HvL4eochma #CricketTwitter pic.twitter.com/JcDwG9eQEF

— CricketTimes.com (@CricketTimesHQ) August 18, 2023

Congratulations to India for today's 2 run win over our Irish cousins by the Daylight Saving method.

— Iceland Cricket (@icelandcricket) August 18, 2023

Rain had the final say, India win the first T20I by 2 runs (DLS Method) #IREvIND

— ThePoppingCrease (@PoppingCreaseSA) August 18, 2023

An abrupt end due to rain but our #MenInBlue go 1️⃣-0⃣ up in the series 🇮🇳#PlayBold #IREvIND pic.twitter.com/aJcCYkIHIR

— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) August 18, 2023

The Jasprit Bumrah show lit up the stage at Malahide before 🌧️ prevented our batters from shining.#TeamIndia's 2-run victory in the first #IREvIND T20I helps them take a 1️⃣-0️⃣ lead in the series. pic.twitter.com/tgRZPmiyai

— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) August 18, 2023

1⃣ the match by 2⃣runs with 3⃣ bowlers' beautiful spell 🤩🫶🏼#IREvIND #Whistle4Blue 🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/Khe7kdoMN0

— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) August 18, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back