What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Kyle Mayers, Joshua da Silva put West Indies on the cusp of series win over England

Brexiter

West Indies eye big win in 3rd Test against England
Joshua Da Silva‘s spectacular hundred and Kyle Mayers‘ sensational five-wicket effort with the ball put West Indies on the brink of a stunning victory over England on Day 3 of the third Test in Grenada.

The hosts resumed at their overnight score of 232/8, and Da Silva yet again stood tall against the English bowling attack. He smashed his maiden century in the longest format to take West Indies’ score to 297, helping them gain a lead of 93 runs.

In response, England batters yet again put up a disappointing show, finishing the day at 103/8 with only 10 runs ahead of West Indies.

The damage was done by Kyle Mayers, who stole the show with his scintillating five-wicket haul performance. Mayers picked up a fifer by only giving away 9 runs, his victims including England captain Joe Root. Notably, Mayers also took 2/13 in the first innings, which helped him register overall match figures of 7/22.

“It (five-fer) was a very special moment for me. The team wanted this victory. I tried to make the batsmen play as much as possible. That (Da Silva’s) innings was very special. We wanted him to get his first hundred. His best friend was sitting on the balcony. It was an emotional moment for me as well, he was crying after getting his century. It’s a team effort, I just waited for my turn, and opportunity presented itself,” said Mayers after the end of day’s play.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

A special day comes to end. Join us tomorrow as the boys look to secure the West Indies 4th consecutive series win vs ??????? in the Caribbean #History #WIvENG #MenInMaroon pic.twitter.com/8cy9mRb8oQ

— Windies Cricket (@windiescricket) March 26, 2022

Some spell by Kyle Mayer’s today. Magical and deserves full credit for his bowling throughout the match. Not just this innings??????.

— Ian Raphael Bishop (@irbishi) March 26, 2022

The day belongs to @windiescricket.

We reach stumps 1⃣0⃣3⃣-8⃣ leading by 1⃣0⃣ runs.

Match Centre: https://t.co/7ZZAhn27n3

? #WIvENG ??????? pic.twitter.com/5pLf3E28NN

— England Cricket (@englandcricket) March 26, 2022

What a knock Joshua Da Silva ?

— Carlos Brathwaite (@CRBrathwaite26) March 26, 2022

England's top 7 in this Test: 127 runs in 14 innings at an average of 9

— Will Macpherson (@willis_macp) March 26, 2022

The West Indies today have been magnificent .. they have shown great awareness of how to play pressure .. Stay calm and grind the opposition down .. England at the moment struggle when it’s a real pressure day .. #WIvENG

— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) March 26, 2022

Some players never got talked about enough. Like Joshua da Silva who has been so good for the West Indies. Came in at 95-6 and took the West Indies to 297.

— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) March 26, 2022

JOSHUA DA SILVA TAKE A BOW

MAIDEN CENTURY

WHAT AN INNINGS pic.twitter.com/Uzzhq9GJL4

— Caribbean Cricket Podcast (@CaribCricket) March 26, 2022

How bad are England? This bad: medium-pace trundler Kyle Mayers has match figures of 18-10-20-5.

— Lawrence Booth (@the_topspin) March 26, 2022

Bowlers who have dismissed Joe Root for a single figure score in both innings of a Test:

Alzarri Joseph North Sound 2019
Kyle Mayers St George's 2022

— Andrew Samson (@AWSStats) March 26, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back