What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter Reactions: Mitchell Marsh, Tanveer Sangha power Australia to their biggest victory over South Africa in T20Is

Brexiter

Australia hammer South Africa in the first T20I at Durban
The first T20I encounter between South Africa and Australia, part of the Australia tour of South Africa 2023, took place at Kingsmead in Durban on Wednesday. After winning the toss, South Africa chose to bowl first, setting the stage for a competitive battle.

Australia Innings:​

Australia posted a formidable total of 226-6 in their allotted 20 overs. The batting highlights included a powerful knock from newly-appointed captain Mitchell Marsh, who scored a remarkable 92 not out off 49 deliveries. Tim David also played a pivotal role with a quickfire 64 runs off 28 balls. Their efforts contributed significantly to Australia’s commanding total.

Bowling figures for South Africa:​

Lizaad Williams emerged as the standout bowler for South Africa, securing three crucial wickets while conceding 44 runs. Marco Jansen, Gerald Coetzee and Tabraiz Shamsi each claimed a wicket, albeit conceding runs in the process.

South Africa Innings:​

In pursuit of Australia’s formidable target, South Africa struggled and managed to score 115/10 in 15.3 overs. Reeza Hendricks showcased an impressive performance with the bat, amassing 56 runs off 43 balls. However, remaining South Africa line-up struggled against the Australian bowlers.

Bowling figures for Australia:​

Tanveer Sangha shone with the white leather on his T20I debut, capturing four wickets while conceding 31 runs. Marcus Stoinis and Spencer Johnson also contributed significantly with three and two wickets, respectively.

Also READ: Bound by love: 11 Indian cricketers and their beloved sisters

Result:​

Australia secured a convincing victory, winning by a margin of 111 runs. South Africa’s defeat at home marked their heaviest in men’s T20I history.

Player of the Match:​

Mitchell Marsh’s outstanding batting performance earned him the well-deserved ‘Player of the Match’ award.

Here are the top tweets from the first T20I between South Africa and Australia:

Early days in that SA vs Aus series. But Australia played that game on a different level.

— Ian Raphael Bishop (@irbishi) August 30, 2023

Tough night out for the Proteas. But they’ll be back. I know what these guys are capable of.

Well played Aus

— AB de Villiers (@ABdeVilliers17) August 30, 2023

Liking Sangha's revs on the ball. Not a bad back up in the spin department for Australia.
Great debut, looking forward to more!. #SAvAUS

— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) August 30, 2023

Tanveer Sangha 😍😍😍
Whatta debut 👊🏽, really looking forward to that amazing journey 🙌🏽
And how good was Bison 🦬 show..#AUSvsSA

— Fawad Ahmed (@bachaji23) August 30, 2023

𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙎𝙃 on a mission 💪

𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵. 𝘍𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘛20𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧-𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘺 for our 🦬💛 #SAvAUS #MitchellMarsh pic.twitter.com/OXz777znoF

— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) August 30, 2023

What a great start for Mitchell Marsh as T20I Captain of Australia:

•Won the match as Captain.
•He scored 92*(49) in the match.
•Highest scorer of this match.
•Won MOM award.
•AUS beat SA by 111 runs.

He leads from the front for Australia – Brilliant, Captain Marsh..!!! pic.twitter.com/lRJQfZKmxC

— CricketMAN2 (@ImTanujSingh) August 31, 2023

Australia beat South Africa by 111 runs in the first T20I.

– Great start to the captaincy career of Mitchell Marsh including a fantastic knock with bat. pic.twitter.com/U5hREj2qqH

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) August 30, 2023

What a strong start as captain for Mitchell Marsh! 92* off just 49 balls with the bat and a 111-run win against South Africa in the first T20I match. Kudos 🇦🇺👏 #SAvAUS pic.twitter.com/FLLzTqk96N

— kamil khan (@13kamilkhan) August 31, 2023

Australia thrash South Africa in the series opener: https://t.co/0drdIwsR4x#SAvAUS #1stT20I pic.twitter.com/CZ4Bf4IwXH

— CricketTimes.com (@CricketTimesHQ) August 31, 2023

Rollercoaster! Tanveer Sangha landed in South Africa just 24 hours before snaring four wickets on international debut ⭐ #SAvAUS pic.twitter.com/8dT8PSzpu2

— KFC Big Bash League (@BBL) August 31, 2023

An emphatic start to our men's T20 tour of South Africa.

Mitch Marsh (92no), Tim David (64) and Tanveer Sangha (4-31) the stars of the show as we take a 1-0 series lead #SAvAUS pic.twitter.com/eQPfD0yNqI

— Cricket Australia (@CricketAus) August 30, 2023

Also READ: Makhaya Ntini reveals an innovative strategy to keep Virat Kohli quiet in the ODI World Cup 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back