What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Pakistan secure a thrilling draw on the back of Sarfaraz Ahmed’s sensational ton in 2nd Test

Brexiter

The second Test between Pakistan and New Zealand ends in a draw
Just like the series opener, the second and final Test between Pakistan and New Zealand finished on a thrilling note, where the hosts managed to earn a draw. Under fading light at the National Stadium in Karachi, Pakistan’s hero of the day was Sarfaraz Ahmed, who smashed his fourth Test century.

After Sarfaraz’s dismissal for 118 and with 40 balls left in the day, New Zealand were back on top. However, the last wicket pair of Naseem Shah and Abrar Ahmed managed to stay alive, playing 21 balls before play was called off due to bad light, ensuring that the series ended on a draw.

“It was a great comeback, I’ve been part of the team for a long while, but I was waiting for a chance in the playing XI. The management gave me a lot of confidence when I went out to bat, thankful for everyone for keeping faith in me. The plan was to play according to the merit of the ball, with a few more runs here and there, the result could have been different. Batting in the 4th innings anywhere is a challenge, and I think this is the best out of my four hundreds,” said Sarfaraz at the post-match presentation.

Brief Scores:

New Zealand
449 (Devon Conway 122, Tom Latham 71, Matt Henry 68, Tom Blundell 51) & 277/5 (Michael Bracewell 74*, Tom Blundell 74. Tom Latham 62) drew with Pakistan 408 all out (Saud Shakeel 125, Sarfaraz Ahmed 78, Imam ul Haq 83) & 304/9 (Sarfaraz Ahmed 117; Micheal Bracewell 4/75).

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

A dramatic draw in Karachi after a sensational century from @SarfarazA_54 ?

Bad light forces the end to day five.#PAKvNZ | #TayyariKiwiHai pic.twitter.com/svvlNN4Iky

— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) January 6, 2023

Pakistan ended WTC cycle without winning a single match at home.

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) January 6, 2023

Well Played @SarfarazA_54
Came back after long time to test side and he proved him self as a fighter ???? #NZvsPAK #fightingknock

— Dimuth Karunarathna (@IamDimuth) January 6, 2023

It is a draw but a great Test. Well played NZ and great fight Pakistan. Can’t explain how much Saifi bhai means to our generation. We all learnt leadership and team spirit and fighting spirit from him. May you get the best in life our kaptaan @SarfarazA_54. pic.twitter.com/BM13iUmEAE

— Shadab Khan (@76Shadabkhan) January 6, 2023

What a Test, either side could have won. That's exactly what we need for the good advert of Test cricket. @SarfarazA_54, you were outstanding & deserves big round of applause. Returning to Tests after 4 years & performing in both matches reflects your talent, grit & potential https://t.co/6qhDKRncIN

— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) January 6, 2023

what a knock @SarfarazA_54 babu u are true champion Allah nazar se bachaye ameen?

— Mohammad Amir (@iamamirofficial) January 6, 2023

86, 53, 78, 106* – What a return for @SarfarazA_54!

— zainab abbas (@ZAbbasOfficial) January 6, 2023

Ish Sodhi named Bowler of the Match in Karachi. Sodhi finishes the series as the leading wicket taker with 13 across the two Tests. Abrar Ahmed next on the ladder with 11. #PAKvNZ pic.twitter.com/i08IvKZF0A

— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) January 6, 2023

Long live Test cricket ♥️ pic.twitter.com/3yMZEv3r6m

— Mazher Arshad (@MazherArshad) January 6, 2023

Sarfraz #thatsthetweet ??

— Imad Wasim (@simadwasim) January 6, 2023

Jab niyyat saaf ho to her cheek mumkin hai.
Well done, @SarfarazA_54 #PakvsNZ

— Atiq-uz-Zaman (@Atiq160Test) January 6, 2023

Pakistan last 3 home Test series:

Drawn
Lost
Lost#Cricket

— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) January 6, 2023

Great Test match and both teams deserve the draw.

— Saurabh Malhotra (@MalhotraSaurabh) January 6, 2023

This is a breathless finale, this is do or die, this could even be the third tie in Test history.

— Iceland Cricket (@icelandcricket) January 6, 2023

With both teams so close to victory, the match ends in a draw.

Series tied 0-0 but boy, wasn't it a good series? #PAKvNZ

— ThePoppingCrease (@PoppingCreaseSA) January 6, 2023

If both captains want to complete the overs, the umpires shouldn't be stopping them unless it's genuinely dangerous.

Getting to a particular number on a light metre doesn't automatically make it dangerous.

Cricket shoots itself in the foot like this way too often.#PAKvNZ.

— Michael Wagener (@Mykuhl) January 6, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back