What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Rilee Rossouw’s brilliant century help South Africa avoid series whitewash against India

Brexiter

South Africa beat India in 3nd T20I
South Africa thrashed India in the third and final T20I to successfully avoid the series whitewash at Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore on Tuesday.

Put to bat first, the Proteas lost captain Temba Bavuma (3) early but what followed was an absolute hammering of Indian bowlers. The pair of Quinton de Kock and Rilee Rossouw completely dominated the proceedings and kept the run rate sky-high.

The duo added 90 runs for the second wicket before De Kock was dismissed for a well-made 68 off 43 balls. However, the Indian bowlers didn’t get any relief as Rossouw accelerated his run-flow and went on to smash his maiden century in the shortest format. He added 87 runs for the third wicket with Tristan Stubbs and took the team’s total to 227/3 in 20 overs. Rossouw hit an unbeaten 100 from 48 deliveries with the help of seven fours and eight sixes.

Highest T20I totals against India:

• 245/6 by West Indies, Lauderhill 2016
  • 227/3 by South Africa, Indore 2022 *
  • 221/3 by South Africa, Guwahati 2022
  • 221/5 by Ireland, Dublin 2022

In response, the hosts never really got going and kept losing wickets at regular intervals and eventually were bowled out for 178, losing the contest by 49 runs.

Dinesh Karthik did come up with a whirlwind knock of 46 from 21 balls, but it wasn’t enough in a massive chase. Deepak Chahar played a cameo of 31 off 17 deliveries down the order, including 2 fours and 3 sixes.

For the tourists, Dwaine Pretorius was their pick of the bowler, taking three wickets for 26 runs in 3.3 overs. Wayne Parnell (2/41), Lungi Ngidi (2/51) and Keshav Maharaj (2/34) picked up two scalps each

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

South Africa finish the series on a high with a comprehensive win over India ?#INDvSA | ? Scorecard: https://t.co/Za8J5e3abK pic.twitter.com/dBzBgSs3fe

— ICC (@ICC) October 4, 2022

Yes, the conditions are stacked in favour of the batsmen but Rilee Roussow has shown why he is such a dangerous player and at the heart of South Africa's chances at the T20 World Cup.

— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) October 4, 2022

Well played my friend !!!you deserve this moment !! @Rileerr ! Last two games have looked like stick cricket !! 4 6 4. 6 4 6 ! T20 getting tough for bowlers in smaller grounds, but India got the batting to chase todays score !! Up for a cracker ? #IndiavsSouthAfrica

— Yuvraj Singh (@YUVSTRONG12) October 4, 2022

Biggest men's T20I runs win against India in India:

49 runs – South Africa?? at Indore, today
47 runs – New Zealand?? at Nagpur, 2016
40 runs – New Zealand?? at Rajkot, 2017#INDvSA

— Kausthub Gudipati (@kaustats) October 4, 2022

Rilee Rossouw on return to South Africa T20I side after six years (since March 25, 2016):

96*
100* off 48 balls

— Lalith Kalidas (@lal__kal) October 4, 2022

48 ball Hundred from Rilee Rossouw.♥️ Incredible batting from Proteas against India.#Rossouw #INDvsSA pic.twitter.com/X6dbYK4KNF

— Avinash Aryan (@AvinashArya09) October 4, 2022

Rohit Sharma as a full-time captain in bilaterals:

Beat NZ 3-0 in T20
Beat WI 3-0 in ODI
Beat WI 3-0 in T20
Beat SL 3-0 in T20
Beat SL 2-0 in Tests
Beat ENG 2-1 in T20
Beat ENG 2-1 in ODI
Beat WI 3-1 in T20
Beat AUS 2-1 in T20
Beat SA 2-1 in T20

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) October 4, 2022

Rilee Rossouw smashed 8 sixes and 7 fours to score a 48 ball century against India. South African batters smashed 16 sixes altogether to score 227 for 3 batting first. Commendable and proper modern day T20 cricket.

— Wajahat Kazmi (@KazmiWajahat) October 4, 2022

The only problem we have with Rilee Rossouw is trying to spell his name.

— Iceland Cricket (@icelandcricket) October 4, 2022

??? A RARE L! This loss doesn't affect us much as we take the T20I series 2-1.

? On to the ODIs!

? BCCI • #INDvSA #INDvsSA #SAvIND #TeamIndia #BharatArmy pic.twitter.com/eEt0L3fbcK

— The Bharat Army (@thebharatarmy) October 4, 2022

Rilee Rossouw from a golden duck and a two ball duck in this series to a 100 in 48 balls.

— Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) October 4, 2022

Rilee Rossouw in T20Is Since Comeback

96* (55) vs ??????? Cardiff
31 (18) vs ??????? Southampton
100* (48) vs ?? Indore

Note: he's returned to the SA side after almost 5.5 years of Kolpak. After being thru the journey, fair to say he's made up for lost time with a top class ? today ? pic.twitter.com/SINnYvqzex

— Sivy Kanefied (@Sivy_KW578) October 4, 2022

Take a bow, Rilee ?

A magnificent ? from Rilee Rossouw and 6⃣8⃣ from Quinton de Kock take ?? to a mammoth 2⃣2⃣7⃣/3⃣ ??

Can the Proteas get the W from the final T20I❓?#INDvSA pic.twitter.com/xe8Y6kC9Bf

— Pretoria Capitals (@PretoriaCapsSA) October 4, 2022

Oh man.. what a wonderful T20I century by Rilee Rossouw.. well played man..and a great credit of this goes to RCB bowlers.!! pic.twitter.com/piMxHyAgh0

— Vishal. (@SportyVishal) October 4, 2022

Dwaine Pretorius finishes with 3-26 as SA won the final T20I by 49 runs

Series ends 2-1#INDvSA

— ThePoppingCrease (@PoppingCreaseSA) October 4, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back