What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik and bowlers fire in India’s thumping win over West Indies

Brexiter

India thrash West Indies in 1st T20I
Rohit Sharma’s elegant half-century and Dinesh Karthik’s blitz was backed up by a solid bowling performance as India registered a comprehensive 68-run victory over the West Indies in Trinidad on Friday.

Batting first in first T20I of the five-match series, skipper Rohit set up the platform with his 44-ball 64. However, it was wicketkeeper Karthik’s blazing finish – an unbeaten 41 off 19 balls – that took India to 190-6.

In the last three overs of their innings, Indian batters scored 45 runs and it ultimately became the turning point of the match.

On a track where there was spongy bounce with a bit of turn and grip, Indian spinners Ravichandran Ashwin (2/22), Ravindra Jadeja (1/26) and Ravi Bishnoi (2/26) picked up wickets at regular intervals, restricting the hosts at 122 for eight in their stipulated 20 overs.

Fast bowlers, Arshdeep Singh (2/24) and Bhuvneshwar Kumar (1/11), also shared two wickets among them. For West Indies, opener Shamarh Brooks turned out to be the highest run scorer with just 20 runs off 15 balls.

Brief scores: India 190-6 in 20 overs (Rohit Sharma 64, Dinesh Karthik 41 not out; Alzarri Joseph 2-46) beat West Indies 122/8 in 20 overs (Shamarh Brooks 20; R Ashwin 2/22, Arshdeep Singh 2/24, Ravi Bishnoi 2/26) by 68 runs.

Here’s how Twitter reacted:

Start by Rohit, finish by DK, and the bowlers backing it up. Good show from team India overall ?? #WIvIND pic.twitter.com/oUJfRQUQai

— Wasim Jaffer (@WasimJaffer14) July 29, 2022

A fantastic effort to win the T20I series opener. A captain's knock by Rohit Sharma, fine finish by DK and a lethal bowling performance was great to watch.
Well done #TeamIndia! ??#WIvIND pic.twitter.com/THEUU3DDMh

— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) July 29, 2022

??? WE MOVE! After whitewashing them in the ODIs, we start the T20I series with a bang today.

?? Good job, team!

? Getty • #INDvWI #WIvIND #INDvsWI #TeamIndia #BharatArmy pic.twitter.com/RCKsLVqvmw

— The Bharat Army (@thebharatarmy) July 29, 2022

This hit list is a top tucker chart buster! ??#WIvIND #WhistlePodu ?? @ImRo45 pic.twitter.com/cJbyPNSNwJ

— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) July 30, 2022

Dinesh Karthik the finisher!!!

DK DK DK???#dineshkarthik #DK #INDvWIonFanCode #WIvsIND pic.twitter.com/tZdFOrpOmC

— Sushma Pandey (@ISushmaPandey) July 29, 2022

Captain @ImRo45 top-scored for #TeamIndia and was our top performer from the first innings of the first #WIvIND T20I. ? ?

A summary of his knock ? pic.twitter.com/Jog2c2u1qW

— BCCI (@BCCI) July 29, 2022

Dinesh Karthik is the oldest Indian to win a man of the match award in T20I. #IndvWI

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) July 30, 2022

Batting bhi hit, bowling bhi hit ??

A blockbuster beginning for #TeamIndia ??#WIvIND pic.twitter.com/85hjJtveGL

— Gujarat Titans (@gujarat_titans) July 29, 2022

Another feather in the cap for ??????! ?

RO is now the ? scorer in Men's T20Is ???#OneFamily #MumbaiIndians #INDvSL @ImRo45 pic.twitter.com/F2K8Mxn3Bv

— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) February 24, 2022

Dinesh Karthik has 5 knocks of 25 or more at a SR of 200+ from No.5 or lower, the most by any Indian player in T20Is.

41* (19) today v WI
55 (27) v SA, 2022
33* (16) v NZ, 2019
30 (13) v AUS, 2018
29* (8) v Ban, 2018 – Nidahas final#WIvIND

— Rohit Sankar (@imRohit_SN) July 29, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back