What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Rovman Powell powers 10 mighty sixes as West Indies beat England in high-scoring clash

Brexiter

Rovman Powell
Rovman Powell and Nicholas Pooran’s scintillating display with the bat was backed up by a solid bowling performance as West Indies defeated England by 20 runs in the third T20I of the five-match series at the Kensington Oval in Barbados on Wednesday.

Powell slammed his maiden T20I century [107 runs, 53 balls, 4 fours 10 sixes] and added a 122-run partnership for the third-wicket stand with Nicholas Pooran [70 runs, 43 balls, 4 fours, 5 sixes] to leave England with a daunting chase.

In reply, England opener Tom Banton made 73 off 39 and debutant Phil Salt hit a 24-ball 58. But the rest of the batters failed to fire as the much-changed visiting side, without their regular captain Eoin Morgan, could only manage 204/9 in their stipulated 20 overs.

With this win, West Indies have taken the lead of 2-1, with the final two games scheduled to be played at the same venue on Saturday and Sunday.

“I know I can strike the ball well. I had a problem against wrist spin, and the last seven months I went away and have been working on that and opening up the offside,” said ‘Player of the Match’ Powell.

“Everything came out of the middle today,” he added.

Here’s how Twitter reacted:

Rovman Powell ??

10 Clean Hits
10 Huge Sixes#WIvENG

pic.twitter.com/LN0DHxGi16

— Prasenjit Dey (@CricPrasen) January 27, 2022

SENSATIONAL ROVAMN POWELL #WIVENG

— Carlos Brathwaite (@CRBrathwaite26) January 26, 2022

That’s what you call making use of an opportunity. One of the more brutal T20I knocks to witness. Well played Rovman Powell. First century in T20s. Incredible hitting.

— Ian “ LeLakers” Bishop (@irbishi) January 26, 2022

What a day for Rovman Powell! #WIvENG pic.twitter.com/YEhPYCWsPt

— ICC (@ICC) January 27, 2022

51 ball hundred for Rovman Powell, 101* from 51 balls including 4 fours and 9 sixes – a knock to remember and finally Rovman has arrived in the big stage for West Indies. #WIvENG

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) January 26, 2022

Rovman Powell steamrolled England bowlers with his brutal hitting skills.#RovmanPowell #WIvENG #England #WestIndies.. pic.twitter.com/bEJxhpfpHC

— shahood hussain (@shahoodhussain3) January 27, 2022

Rovman Powell k baare m jo aaj tak sun tha dekh bhi lia. Top knock ?? Maiden hundred ? dismissed for 107.#WIvENG

— Manoj Dimri (@manoj_dimri) January 26, 2022

???????? West Indies win the 3rd T20I and take a 2-1 lead in the series.#WIvENG pic.twitter.com/MrYD7zbIY5

— England’s Barmy Army (@TheBarmyArmy) January 27, 2022

Nicholas Pooran scored 70 in just 43 balls with 5 sixes, Rovman Powell scored 107 in just 53 balls with 10 sixes which helped West Indies to win the match by 20 runs.

— Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) January 27, 2022

What Entertainment. What a win. We go 2-1 up in this five-match Betway series against the #1 ranked T20I in the world! #MenInMaroon #WIVibes #WIvENG pic.twitter.com/5LvvJvzBo0

— Windies Cricket (@windiescricket) January 27, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back