What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Shreyanka Patil, Saika Ishaque shine as India avoid clean sweep against England – IND-W vs ENG-W

Brexiter

India-beat-England-in-the-3rd-Womens-T20I.webp
Team India defeated England in the third and final Women’s T20I and avoided the English side to register a whitewash at Wankhede Stadium on Sunday.

Saika Ishaque, Shreyanka Patil sizzle with the ball​

England Women won the toss and elected to bat. However, the visiting team faced a tough challenge as they were bowled out for 126 runs in 20 overs. Heather Knight‘s notable innings of 52 runs off 42 balls, featuring 3 fours and 3 sixes, was the highlight for England.

The Indian bowlers, led by Saika Ishaque and Shreyanka Patil, showcased an impressive performance, limiting the English side. Ishaque bagged a three-wicket haul for 22 runs in her quota of 4 overs. Similarly, Shreyanka also picked up three wickets while conceding 19 runs in 4 overs.

Also READ: CSK fangirl and England cricketer Kate Cross shares cute post after joining RCB for WPL 2024

Smriti Mandhana takes India over the finish line​

In response, India Women chased down the target of 127 with 5 wickets in hand and one over to spare. Vice-captain Smriti Mandhana played a crucial role with her well-crafted 48 runs off 48 balls. She smashed 5 fours and a couple of sixes during her outstanding knock.

Apart from Mandahana, Jemimah Rodrigues‘ 33-ball 29-run knock also contributed significantly to the successful chase. Freya Kemp was the most successful bowler for England, picking up 2 wickets for 24 runs.

In terms of the series, England Women won the first T20I by 38 runs, and the second T20I by 4 wickets. However, India Women bounced back in the third T20I to secure a 5-wicket victory, as the series ended with a 2-1 scoreline in favor of England Women.

Also READ: WPL 2024 Full Squads – Retained Players & Auction Buys

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

A loss tonight in Mumbai, but a 2-1 T20 series win against India 🇮🇳

Onto the Test 🔜#EnglandCricket #ENGvIND pic.twitter.com/i74XplFLZ5

— England Cricket (@englandcricket) December 10, 2023

Shreyanka Patil won the Player of the match award, playing the debut series & she has made her mark in Indian cricket. 🫡 pic.twitter.com/wNAMeYHgpA

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) December 10, 2023

India defeated England by 5 wickets…!!!

The series ended with 2-1 in England's favour. pic.twitter.com/5vLwF98hlO

— Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) December 10, 2023

Saika Ishaque & Shreyanka Patil – The spin duo for India! 🇮🇳🔥🔥

Saika Ishaque – 4-0-22-3
Shreyanka Patil – 4-0-19-3

What an impressive debut this has been for both of them so far…!!! 🌟💪 #INDvENG #INDWvENGW #INDWvsENGW #TeamIndia pic.twitter.com/0M90OPRR4D

— Saabir Zafar (@Saabir_Saabu01) December 10, 2023

Shreyanka Patil won the player of the match award against England.

She's playing her debut series for India, she's making impact – The future is here..!!! pic.twitter.com/fBAU811NPW

— CricketMAN2 (@ImTanujSingh) December 10, 2023

Shreyanka Patil won the Player of the match award, playing the debut series & she has made her mark in Indian cricket. #INDvsSA #INDvPAK #INDvSA pic.twitter.com/2UfpxiTU1R

🐐 (@village_king_) December 10, 2023

SHREYANKA PATIL NATION WE HAVE ARRIVED pic.twitter.com/Vrg9ReyZd0

— shreya¹ᴰ | exam szn 🙁 (@93KIWIXCALAMITY) December 10, 2023

Never ever let her go @RCBTweets !

She should be our captain in next couple of years .. #ShreyankaPatil pic.twitter.com/e9iNTr731y

— ಹರ್ಷ 🐼 (@grharsh) December 10, 2023

Superb bowling attack from India against England during 3rd T20I

Shreyanka Patil : 4-0-19-3
Saika Ishaque : 4-0-22-3
Renuka Singh : 4-0-23-2#INDvsENG pic.twitter.com/EgRPbOIayb

— Don Cricket 🏏 (@doncricket_) December 10, 2023

This article was first published at WomenCricket.com, a Cricket Times company.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back